Home

Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden?

This is a discussion on Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden?

If you dislike all that, don't even bother with Madden.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
If you dislike all that, don't even bother with Madden.
He's right... I guarantee you there will be more 12 year old kids playing Madden than there is NCAA. I'd bet any amount of money on that. There are going to be more cheesers and they'll find money plays. That will never go away as long as their is online play and you can't filter out kids.

Everything from 3-9 will most likely stay the same too. They change some stuff up, but they aren't just going to pull blocking schemes out of their ***.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06
With the release of Madden just 10 days away. Here are my final thoughts with this game.

1) After just playing an online game against possibly a 10 year old. Anytime you can just run a stupid 46 and have no concept of offense and lead 10-3 after 3qrt, the game is garbage. It's great when u try to hot route against the 46 defense only to have "star" players that can't hear the audible and hot route.

2) HFA is stupid. Players of the like of Mario Manningham and Mike Hart can't hear a damn audible? OK! Then it takes like 5 - 7 seconds to hike the damn ball after that damn animation! I threw a 20 yard deep ball to a WR, selected him to try a comeback to the ball, and he kept running forward for 3 more seconds; lol. The receiver response to coming back to the ball is garbage!

3) Super DB 15ft straight and side jumps & swats are extremely unrealistic.

4) No offensive line schemes is unacceptable. Defensive rookie geniuses now just use the 46 to create extra pressure up the middle to sack the QB. This makes pretty much every passing formation underneath center useless without OLine pass block schemes

5) QB's rather take sacks then take the hit and throw the ball.

6) No QB running penatlies

7) Super pitches

8) No true blocking on Kickoff returns, just the 2 semi blocks u get by the guys immediately in front of you until u run into the damn pile and the A.I. decides if you break 2-5 additional tacklers. That's not kickoff return blocking!

9) Don't tell me this hasn't happend to anyone. After your waiting for the damn "can't hear the audible/hot route" animation, u keep pressing A to hike the ball. Then The ball is finally hiked only for the QB to throw the ball to the "A" receiver and to have it intercepted! LOVELY!

Conclusion: Other than the increased fps to 60, and some polished graphics, this is the same garbage as '06, and '07.

10 days till the return of NCAA for Madden. Atleast I read that the receivers are responsive! All in all I wasted $$ on this purchase, unnecessarily raised my blood pressure, broke the game case, and cussed up a storm with just about every single game I played.

Final grade = C-
I haven't gotten it yet...but I'll buy it off you for $30 if you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 01:33 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

my final thoughts? i'm loving the game so much, Madden is close to becoming a game that I may not buy at launch. I may pick it up as the real NFL season begins.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-05-2007, 01:44 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

If it weren't for INTs, this would be the best NCAA football game ever.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

All these positive comments can't be based on the online experience?
Huh?

With no offensive line schemes, it's a blitz feast up the middle. Leaving 2 seconds to throw to the flats. Passing formations under center r almost non-existence.

I never understood the love of playing football games against the computer.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Huh?

With no offensive line schemes, it's a blitz feast up the middle. Leaving 2 seconds to throw to the flats. Passing formations under center r almost non-existence.

you act like online gaming has always been around. sure back in the day you could play with your friends when they came over, but didn't they ever leave?

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 01:57 PM   #16
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Huh?

I do it because I love dynasty mode and I'm a stat freak. I love improving a weak team over time and being responsible for the overall direction a team takes.

I never understood the love of playing online. Win or lose the game means nothing, it doesn't get you any closer to a championship, injuries don't carry over, you have to deal with people that don't understand the first thing about football, and the game never quite feels the same online as it does offline. But different strokes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »