Home

Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden?

This is a discussion on Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2007, 11:23 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Final NCAA Thoughts before Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
2-10-1 wasnt that long ago my friend your time is coming back round
Doubtful. We're going to ruin your perfect season this year

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 08:21 AM   #42
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06

Conclusion: Other than the increased fps to 60, and some polished graphics, this is the same garbage as '06, and '07.

10 days till the return of NCAA for Madden. Atleast I read that the receivers are responsive! All in all I wasted $$ on this purchase, unnecessarily raised my blood pressure, broke the game case, and cussed up a storm with just about every single game I played.

Final grade = C-
And the great thing is, you'll be back next year.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:04 AM   #43
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06
With the release of Madden just 10 days away. Here are my final thoughts with this game.

1) After just playing an online game against possibly a 10 year old. Anytime you can just run a stupid 46 and have no concept of offense and lead 10-3 after 3qrt, the game is garbage. It's great when u try to hot route against the 46 defense only to have "star" players that can't hear the audible and hot route.

2) HFA is stupid. Players of the like of Mario Manningham and Mike Hart can't hear a damn audible? OK! Then it takes like 5 - 7 seconds to hike the damn ball after that damn animation! I threw a 20 yard deep ball to a WR, selected him to try a comeback to the ball, and he kept running forward for 3 more seconds; lol. The receiver response to coming back to the ball is garbage!

3) Super DB 15ft straight and side jumps & swats are extremely unrealistic.

4) No offensive line schemes is unacceptable. Defensive rookie geniuses now just use the 46 to create extra pressure up the middle to sack the QB. This makes pretty much every passing formation underneath center useless without OLine pass block schemes

5) QB's rather take sacks then take the hit and throw the ball.

6) No QB running penatlies

7) Super pitches

8) No true blocking on Kickoff returns, just the 2 semi blocks u get by the guys immediately in front of you until u run into the damn pile and the A.I. decides if you break 2-5 additional tacklers. That's not kickoff return blocking!

9) Don't tell me this hasn't happend to anyone. After your waiting for the damn "can't hear the audible/hot route" animation, u keep pressing A to hike the ball. Then The ball is finally hiked only for the QB to throw the ball to the "A" receiver and to have it intercepted! LOVELY!

Conclusion: Other than the increased fps to 60, and some polished graphics, this is the same garbage as '06, and '07.

10 days till the return of NCAA for Madden. Atleast I read that the receivers are responsive! All in all I wasted $$ on this purchase, unnecessarily raised my blood pressure, broke the game case, and cussed up a storm with just about every single game I played.

Final grade = C-
I think the game is fun to a certain extent.... Have I ever been in love w/ NCAA...? Maybe in "05 when I played it on the PS2. That was a good yr.

Regarding On-Line play... Any sports game you play on-line now against someone who is not a friend is a waste. Unless you get lucky and find a fellow OS'er who plays the game to it's real life counter part it's not worth it to play online.

If they would only bring back fairplay...

Oh and about those blockers on punt returns...

Here's what you do... You need to control one of the four guys on the outside. Just have one of those blockers controlled by you, and let the CPU control your returner. DO NOT press any button on your controller until the punter has kicked the ball, and the camera has switched to your returner. By that time the player have conrol of should be running down to try and make another block. Sprint down w/ him and lay a cut block or what ever you can to free up your returner. Then take control of your returner. You need a guy who can really juke or spin returning and w/ great speed. Just practice controlling one of those blockers on the outside, and you will eventually start seeing better returns.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:19 AM   #44
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

I definitely enjoy this game. Once I figure out how to fix the turnovers better it'll get more play time when my 360 gets back from redringtown.

I won't be buying Madden this year, but that is just based off my experience with it last year.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 08-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
I see a lot of NCAA fan boy responses in this thread because everything he mentioned i have seen in Dynasty mode now at the same time with some slider adjustments this game is very playable and fun.
it's because most people are not NCAA fans. They are Madden fans and trade NCAA in for Madden as soon as it comes out.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »