Home

Recruiting Revealed. LONG

This is a discussion on Recruiting Revealed. LONG within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #65
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting Revealed. LONG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Is it possible to have TOO many guys come visit for a game?

I'm UNC and I'm going to bring about 15 guys in for my home finale against hated Duke.
I brought in pretty much my whole board with Air Force against Navy for a rivalry game. It made no diff. All the recruits had an A rating for the game since I killed Navy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #66
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
I don't think so, you might shoot yourself if you lose that game though. But as long as you can win I don't think it matters how many people you bring in at a time.

If you don't mind, tell us how it goes so we can find out. See if it affects the grade they give you on how well the visit was.
I don't think having a lot of guys in will hurt you, and I don't think winning the game is as big a deal as making sure you schedule the right activities for their visits.

BTW Dispatch, are you named after the band?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #67
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
I don't think winning the game is as big a deal as making sure you schedule the right activities for their visits.
No, I disagree. I think which game it is and how you perform both factor in.

The only 'A+' visit I've seen so far was in a game against Notre Dame (playing as Michigan) where I rolled. In another year, I got rolled by Notre Dame, and most of them were saying C and C+. On top of that, I've brought kids in against, say, Wisconsin, won big, and only managed B's.

I can stand pretty firm on this because I don't bring a kid in until I have uncovered two VH and the Most, so I'm never scheduling the 'wrong' activities.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #68
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
No, I disagree. I think which game it is and how you perform both factor in.

The only 'A+' visit I've seen so far was in a game against Notre Dame (playing as Michigan) where I rolled. In another year, I got rolled by Notre Dame, and most of them were saying C and C+. On top of that, I've brought kids in against, say, Wisconsin, won big, and only managed B's.

I can stand pretty firm on this because I don't bring a kid in until I have uncovered two VH and the Most, so I'm never scheduling the 'wrong' activities.
Well I think being Michigan has a lot to do with it, I'm Wyoming and its not always possible to get VH or most because the schools pitches aren't all good and above like you have at Michigan. Recruiting with the a Powerhouse doesn't take much strategy cuz you don't have to sell them on your school, with a lower tier school you do. I've gotten beat in games I've had recruits in with and still signed them because I had an A grade on their visit. On the other hand though at Michigan you have games that would be a bigger deal nationally because you're a bigger program so that could have someting to do with it. But my main point is that recruiting is a whole different ballgame when you're not at a powerhouse.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #69
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Well I think being Michigan has a lot to do with it, I'm Wyoming and its not always possible to get VH or most because the schools pitches aren't all good and above like you have at Michigan. Recruiting with the a Powerhouse doesn't take much strategy cuz you don't have to sell them on your school, with a lower tier school you do.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #70
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Well I think being Michigan has a lot to do with it, I'm Wyoming and its not always possible to get VH or most because the schools pitches aren't all good and above like you have at Michigan. Recruiting with the a Powerhouse doesn't take much strategy cuz you don't have to sell them on your school, with a lower tier school you do. I've gotten beat in games I've had recruits in with and still signed them because I had an A grade on their visit. On the other hand though at Michigan you have games that would be a bigger deal nationally because you're a bigger program so that could have someting to do with it. But my main point is that recruiting is a whole different ballgame when you're not at a powerhouse.

Yeh I also agree...I couldn't imagine a school like Michigan has Low in many, if any categories except playing time...

I try to schedule kids against my rivals but the highest grade i've gotten was a B+

I use USF and when I go after in-state kids they always have UF,FSU, & Miami up there and I try to hammer them on immediate playing time...
Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #71
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
Do you guys offer many promises? I did just one for a punter(No redshirt) just so I could get the achievement.

For players who are interested in me I only offer a win against my Rival (UCF) because I know that is very attainable

For those recruits that are 4/5star in the areas I need help in I make the Rival promise, no red-shirt & playing time

My first off-season with USF i needed alot of CBs so I made those promises to about 4 or 5 of them and got pretty much all of them. Since I only had one returning CB they all got time throughout the course of the season.

Too bad this scenario didn't work when I needed WRs the next yr. I could only manage 2 WR's and when I got them I was not impressed at all by their ratings, but due to a lack of depth there I have to play them.

These factors make recruiting so much harder and ultimately alot better than yrs past. I used to be able to get a stud WR every off-season and now I'm struggling despite my aerial offense.

Last edited by KG; 08-13-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #72
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
For players who are interested in me I only offer a win against my Rival (UCF) because I know that is very attainable

For those recruits that are 4/5star in the areas I need help in I make the Rival promise, no red-shirt & playing time

My first off-season with USF i needed alot of CBs so I made those promises to about 4 or 5 of them and got pretty much all of them. Since I only had one returning CB they all got time throughout the course of the season.

Too bad this scenario didn't work when I needed WRs the next yr. I could only manage 2 WR's and when I got them I was not impressed at all by their ratings, but due to a lack of depth there I have to play them.

These factors make recruiting so much harder and ultimately alot better than yrs past. I used to be able to get a stud WR every off-season and now I'm struggling despite my aerial offense.
This is pretty much my philosphy on promises as well, I only promise playing time if its going to happen. I will usually make the rivalry promise too, and I've won my conference 2 years in a row so thats one I'll probably do in the upcoming offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »