Home

Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

This is a discussion on Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 09:34 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

How about a Hail Mary when it is 3rd and goal on the opponent's 2 yard line? That is the weirdest playcall I've seen so far.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is there anyway to have the Campus Legend coaches not act completely stupid?

I got the Hail Mary play call last night at the 1 yard line. My QB threw a nice lob to the WR. I questioned the play but it worked for whatever reason. The play calling sucks in the Campus Legend mode. This is the one real pet peeve I have found in this game. Also the evening activities are starting to repeat themselves as well.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #19

OVR: 34

I will agree though that the playcalling is badly flawed.

Last night I was in several 3rd and long situations and the play call didn't even put my receivers in position to get the first down.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 30

Through 2 years, my team's 84 OVR QB has a TD-INT ratio of 17-63.

Though, nothing so far beats the call I saw this last game.

We're driving for the tying TD. It's 3rd and 13. Game's on the line.

The call?

Fullback dive out of the I formation with 2 TDs.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:17 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

in my first season at unc (power rb) my qb threw 34 ints, 5+ in a game on several occasions. it seems like the coaches commit to passing no matter how terrible the play. my second season i ended up with nearly 350 carries, about 125 more then the first.

weirdest playcalls seen i were a
toss play on 3rd and 20
hail mary on 4th and 1
3 consecutive pass plays in the 4th qtr when leading with under a 2mins to go (lost 6 games between the first two seasons because of this)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #22
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13

i don't know that the AI is committed to passing.

As a senior QB, my team had the top RB out for the season, which is fine. But then, early in a game, the back-up goes down for three games. The coach, in his infinite wisdom, decides to stick to the run game, letting a true freshman just go fumble time and again.

I think because most of the plays in the playbook are designed to the right, forcing you to flip the play if you want to go the other way in all other modes, the AI is just picking the play that is in the book.

It's clear to see that the play calling wasn't too well thought out for this mode. Definitely would like to see it enhanced next year because I actually like the mode, generally speaking.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

after playing a few more games today, my rb definitely is shouldering the load even if we are trailing in the 4th.

im in my 3rd year at unc with 80 carries 603yds and 3tds in 3 games (150 v michigan, 156 v colorado and 297 v Rutgers). i think now that its not so much as terrible playcall (even though it is quite clear at moments) but so much as proving you deserve to have the football.

my main problem now is substitution schemes after getting inside the 25 for the first 3 quarters unless they are saving me for the 4th.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 AM   #24
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Thank you for this thread, now I know I'm not alone...

Things that have happened to me so far, I'm playing a balanced RB:

1. Hail Mary inside the Red Zone. (at least once a game)

2. QB throws 8 interceptions. (cpu never subs the sob out)

3. I'm given no more than 5 run plays in a game. (happened a few times)

4. It's a playaction pass and the QB drills me in the back of the head before my guy even turns around.

5. My field goal kicker sucks, though we still try 50+ yard field goals with a strong headwind.

6. Rarely get any run plays to the left

7. Sometimes I think my line just lets the D-Line run straight through, especially when its 3rd and short.

8. In a kneel down situation the coach will call a Kneel down, but then mix in running/passing plays occasionally...

9. Option plays...I think the stupid QB has only ever pitched it once. Generally the QB just runs into the D-Line and falls over.

Nascar: #88 Junior

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »