Home

New theory on INTs

This is a discussion on New theory on INTs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: New theory on INTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
But there are a ton of guys who love playing franchise/dynasty mode and this does not help at all. The NCAA series didn't really have a turnover (FUM/INT) problem until NCAA 07... that's what's so frustrating. Honestly, the turnover problem is on both sides of the ball and I think it has to do with the momentum meter/motivation feature that they implemented. I understand that TO's are a part of the game, but we're getting way too many 6+ turnover games IMO. I just had a 9 TO game last night.
And what I sugggest is not directed at them. I should share my sliders I guess because i'm not even seeing this in my Dynasty after a year of completion. I see 0-2 ints a game, some games 0 and some games i do see 3 or 4.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #34
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
But there are a ton of guys who love playing franchise/dynasty mode and this does not help at all. The NCAA series didn't really have a turnover (FUM/INT) problem until NCAA 07... that's what's so frustrating. Honestly, the turnover problem is on both sides of the ball and I think it has to do with the momentum meter/motivation feature that they implemented. I understand that TO's are a part of the game, but we're getting way too many 6+ turnover games IMO. I just had a 9 TO game last night.
IMO, the turnovers are 100% related to the ridiculous "features" of the past two titles. Momentum and Motivation. Give me a break EA. Turnovers were out of control in NCAA 07, for both XBOX (fumbles) and XBOX 360 (CPU thrown INTs) and we are seeing more of the same in 08. It's just a complete joke that obvious areas of the game are looked over by the development team at EA and yet they improve in several other areas.

Here's a tip EA: Give us the option to turn off these "features/gimmicks" and you'll make a lot of people happy (rant over).
Old 08-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
IMO, the turnovers are 100% related to the ridiculous "features" of the past two titles. Momentum and Motivation. Give me a break EA. Turnovers were out of control in NCAA 07, for both XBOX (fumbles) and XBOX 360 (CPU thrown INTs) and we are seeing more of the same in 08. It's just a complete joke that obvious areas of the game are looked over by the development team at EA and yet they improve in several other areas.

Here's a tip EA: Give us the option to turn off these "features/gimmicks" and you'll make a lot of people happy (rant over).
Amen brotha!!! Loss of motivation this year = blindfold for QB....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40

Those features cannot easily be disabled. And I don't think they are the reason we have more INT's than we should, most of the guys doing the pick-offs are not extra-motivated or have extra momentum, it may just be Joe Schmo DB getting a pick he shouldn't.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #37
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Those features cannot easily be disabled. And I don't think they are the reason we have more INT's than we should, most of the guys doing the pick-offs are not extra-motivated or have extra momentum, it may just be Joe Schmo DB getting a pick he shouldn't.
The defensive player may not be "extra-motivated" but after the first or second INT thrown, the QB has no or low motivation... thus the increase in INTs.

Excessive INTs and FUMs were not a problem before Momentum/Motivation... coincidence? IMO, I think not... they are directly related.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:35 PM   #38
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

I think there's too many interceptions because the INT sliders don't work. It's like they're both stuck at like 85. Set it to 0 or 100, you're gonna get 'INT: 85' as your 'custom' slider setting.

That said, I agree we should have the option to shut that stuff off. Why would it be hard to disable, ODogg? The Dynamic Difficulty, Hot & Cold Teams and Inside Edge options on 2K7 wouldn't seem to be any less complex, and we can shut all of those off.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
The defensive player may not be "extra-motivated" but after the first or second INT thrown, the QB has no or low motivation... thus the increase in INTs.

Excessive INTs and FUMs were not a problem before Momentum/Motivation... coincidence? IMO, I think not... they are directly related.
Yeah that's a good point. That would be the case if they don't have a built in basement as to what the lowest the momentum can go. It seems when the CPU QB throws int's it's usually just a terribly errant throw so maybe that is the case if EA didn't code a "minimum".

Last edited by ODogg; 08-08-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #40
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree to a certain extent. However, we were able to turn off Home Field Advantage. Certainly HFA was not as elaborate of a feature as maybe Motivation, but there was an option to disable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »