Home

Freezing Issues w/ 360

This is a discussion on Freezing Issues w/ 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 10:57 PM   #9
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Freezing Issues w/ 360

Just a quick reply and I'll let this die. Went to Best Buy...they no longer carry Core's...so I had to pay $50 for the next step up. Now I have 2 HD's, and 2 HDTV connections...not a big deal though. Also got another 2 year warranty so it cost me about $100. Then I also got a Pelican Fan Stand. It's recommended over the other fan I had which hooks on the back.

Long story short...3 games of NCAA, 3 sessions of recruiting, and a whole off-season later no freezes. And the sound actually comes through both speakers now instead of fading out and only coming in through the right one for most of the games.

Short trial I know...but so far a success. I would rather pay the $100 and get a new system plus 2 year warranty over the $100 to go back to Microsoft any day.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:25 PM   #10
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

I had the same problem and that's after buying a intercooler and placing the power supply over my ac vent and it still kept freezing. I decided to take Ncaa back because I noticed the only games that freeze up on my 360 are EA games so I kind of figured it wasn't my system it's was the EA games and I was correct... NBA2k7 10 hours a day without any freezes so I'll pass on Madden or consider buying it for the ps3 after I read some reviews, I hope you havea different problem though...G'luck.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:38 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I searched and found some threads with not much response. Is anybody still having hard freeze issues? I've all but given up playing. I had a good stretch of 2 days where it didn't freeze and I got through the whole season and am loving it.

But as of late it froze in my CL mode, then froze in the NC of my dynasty, then just froze again in my end of season recruiting. No music in the background like some times, just a freeze and it doesn't fix itself after any amount of time.

I did all sorts of the things to the 360...move the hot power supply away, turn in vertical, boot up to XBox screen instead of the game, even remove the game after each time I play. Nothing seems to fix it. 2k7 Hoops used to freeze every now and then but I've had no other problems. I had the red ring of death twice...but both times I turned it off and then back on and it was good to go.

Just curious if I should try and get a new game, or send in the 360? Any thoughts appreciated.
I had pretty much the same thing happen to me and I got 2 copies of the game, eventually I had to send it off, its now been 2 and a half weeks, and it will probably another 4 weeks or so, o joy.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »