Home

Plays where receivers have options

This is a discussion on Plays where receivers have options within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Plays where receivers have options

I apologize if this has already been asked.

There are some plays where a reciever as 2 or 3 different patterns he can run. What determines the route he takes? Does the CPU just decide the best route for him? Or do I need to do something?

Thanks in advance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Plays where receivers have options

cpu The better the reciever the better chance he'll run the best route againt the d he is up against. Well that's how it's suppose to be. It was put in a few years ago starting with madden.

Last edited by HoodedSoldier; 08-08-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:39 AM   #3
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

If you have a receiver with high awareness he will make the better decision. I only use them if they have an option to just sit down or run an in or out route. These work great in a no huddle or two minute offense, if you are playing a human they will usually manually cover a TE or HB thinking he is gonna do a curl, but you can them hit them on the out route or vice versa.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:39 AM   #4
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I hate the damn option routes. I suspect I'll get used to it eventually, but passing on Heisman is hard enough without the added risk of misreading the WR's 'potential route' in addition to the risk of misreading the defense.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:04 AM   #5
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Plenty of times a WR being man covered would run a streak right into the helping safety, meanwhile he has the option to either run a curl or an out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 08:19 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I hate the damn option routes. I suspect I'll get used to it eventually, but passing on Heisman is hard enough without the added risk of misreading the WR's 'potential route' in addition to the risk of misreading the defense.
Passing on AA is hard enough for me. I think I'm still getting worse by the game. One horrible INT last night resulting in a 99 yard TD return ruined my evening.

Edit: I should add that I trust the TE options more. WR option plays against zone defenses might kill me though. I make too many terrible decisions against zone defenses as it is.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-09-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Passing on AA I think I'm still getting worse by the game.
I can relate. I've figured out the passing to the point where I become like Brett Farve with over confidence. I see the damn safety drifting back to help out and I still think I can thread the needle. The last couple games I threw to a WR that was open for a few seconds and the safety came over to pick the balll as it was tipped by either the CB or my WR. This wasn't happening a couple weeks ago when I was cautious with my passing. I've got to learn discipline so I stop regressing.

I'm skeptical of the WR option routes too. I've seen where my WR beats a CB in zone and instead of continuing downfield with the fly option he stops and turns around. Argghhhh!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »