Home

The worst game I ever had last night...

This is a discussion on The worst game I ever had last night... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2007, 09:39 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The worst game I ever had last night...

Ive had some terrible games myself but NOTHING pisses me off more than my last one.

year 3

#1Miami(me)2-0 vs Clemson 0-2

I held clemson to 91 total Offensive yards! 91! C.J Spiller had 17 carries for 20 freakin yards. But I had 8 To's to the cpu's 0 and they returned 2 kickoffs and 1 pr for a td.

I lose 34-23. They had 91 TOTAL yards on O.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Quack1's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had the DL lining up backwards once, a few goal line plays where I was clearly breaking the plane but not given the score but the oddest so far happend last night.

I was running the speed option left, I've got the CB blocked nicely by my WR, I get the OLB to commit to my QB, I hit the pitch button and....the ball flies about 15 yards across the field, parallel to the LOS to the opposite side of the field, bounces on the ground and my OL falls on it for a 4 yard loss.

Lovely
Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #19
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack1
I've had the DL lining up backwards once, a few goal line plays where I was clearly breaking the plane but not given the score but the oddest so far happend last night.

I was running the speed option left, I've got the CB blocked nicely by my WR, I get the OLB to commit to my QB, I hit the pitch button and....the ball flies about 15 yards across the field, parallel to the LOS to the opposite side of the field, bounces on the ground and my OL falls on it for a 4 yard loss.

Lovely
... at least you retained possession...
Old 08-17-2007, 04:49 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
LOL ... no, I just play it out. Frankly, 11 minutes would seem the right number to get a realistic number of plays, so actually I'm still cutting a (1 minute) corner.

To be honest, though, it is getting harder and harder. The last game I played was 9 minutes, and I'm now considering 8. I'm thinking accurate play counts might be worth sacrificing for a smoother gaming experience.

The 10-minutes games are great through three quarters or so, but getting through that fourth quarter is pretty tasking. It's like say you have a 27-13 lead late in the 3rd, you feel like you've got a realistic score, it's been a great game, and the game's in the bag. Then you realize there's still, um, FOREVER left to play.

Yeah, screw it. My next game's gonna be at 8.
I play on original xbox, and always play 15 minute quarters on heisman (turn up defensive awareness, knockdowns, and tackling for both user and CPU will give a an enjoyable experience, albeit challenging. Usually keep it with C or B- teams, as games against powerhouse offenses can get out of control early. On 15 minute quarters, sometimes just getting to halftime is a challenge, but you realize that the score isn't important until the end of the game, but momentum is important the entire game. I've had plenty of games where its 0-0 through 15 minutes, and after one teams scores early in the second, they might take a 7-0 or 10-0 lead and grab full momentum. The team with momentum can then threaten to run away with the game. As the clock keeps running down toward halftime, sometimes the best strategy is to save face and keep the score close enough and get to the halftime locker room. Run the ball, even if for no yardage to run the clock down and then punt as far as possible. (since after halftime any teams momentum is cut in half for the first drive of the second half) Early third quarter becomes crucial because the team scoring usually will have momentum (or it will at least be even between teams), because with 30 minutes of football left, it is very important to keep momentum in your favor or at least even. It could get ugly early if a team continues to have momentum for long periods of time no matter what the other team does.

When i do play 15 minute quarters, in the rare event that the score remains tied after 60 minutes, the game is declared a draw and the two teams walk off the field. User is forced to play the overtime due to the interface of the game, however the result of the game is still a draw after 60 minutes of football.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #21
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Copied and pasted from another thread:

Wow. I hadn't been having a bad time with turnovers in this game. But when I loaded the game and saw that my game against Indiana was going to be played in the rain, I don't know, I just didn't have a good feeling. Man I wish I was wrong. I ended up with a total of 9 fumbles (around half came even when I was manually protecting the ball) to the cpu's 1. My young dbs got torched for around 300+ yds passing by Kellin Lewis. My starting fullback got knocked out of commission for 7 weeks, my number 1 rookie receiver Champ Brown goes down with a sprained ankle. To top it off, this happened:

The call was a fake punt. It took a LOT of control for me to not just quit right there, even though I was still up big. He kept on running through the wall too, though the replay doesn't show it. To answer your most obvious questions, yes I was controlling #9. I pressed down on the hit stick but no tackle animation came. SO I turned around and ended up being clipped by that lineman, though there was no call. Go figure. That play happened in the third quarter, I was up 27 to 6 before it happened. I ended up winning 34-27. GG

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »