Home

Whats up with the injuries?

This is a discussion on Whats up with the injuries? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #25
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Whats up with the injuries?

95% of the people that have got hurt are "will return soon" for me. I've only had one guy miss 1 week, most of my injuries was a HB who had a inj. history.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #26
LOB

Coug00's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Look at USC's defense in 05. Had to play walkons and convert WR's to DB's.
And last year WSU had to convert to a 3-4 defense because they had 1 healthy DT left on the roster. It completely destroyed a good season.

I love the injury frequency in this game and the threat of the exact same type of thing happening to me.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Non contact injuries aren't that rare.

injuring your shoudler on non contact? I understand a hamstring or ankle or knee
Old 08-13-2007, 02:45 AM   #28
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

What bothers me are the injury animations. They just lie there. No trainer or stretcher comes out. At least in the old days it was funny, like when in NHL the players would lay on the ice with blood near their heads, and writhe in pain. Or the madden that used to send an ambulance onto the field, and knock over several players in the process. Anyone remember that old school stuff?

Anyway, this games presentation sucks. No player intros, the crowd is spastic in unison, and don't react correctly to great plays. I saw an opposing player celebrate after I downed the ball to run out the clock in the 4th quarter. I still hate the collsion problems with people going through one another. Man, this is the new generation, I thought at least this crap would be gone. And, I like Corso in real life, but in this game, I am ready to turn him off. Same with Herbstreet. I will admit though, that I would rather EA focus on gameplay at the expense of presentation though. Its just that they have had some of these things in the past. Every time there is a new console it seems like it is 2 steps forward 2 steps back, and I am sick of it.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #29
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Failure,

Maybe the shoulder injury was a preexisting injury
Old 08-13-2007, 03:05 AM   #30
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug00
And last year WSU had to convert to a 3-4 defense because they had 1 healthy DT left on the roster. It completely destroyed a good season.

I love the injury frequency in this game and the threat of the exact same type of thing happening to me.
Yup. USC lost their top 4 FB's last year also. Had to play walkons and convert other players. It happens.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:00 AM   #31
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

You want to talk about realism... I lose both my running backs in the same game. Antone Smith and Jamaal Edwards.

As much as it hurt I loved seeing how realistic it all was afterwards. One was out 6 weeks while the other 7 and during that period my offense really struggled.

Feel bad for Smith. Wanted to leave after JR year but I talked him to staying for SR year and first game he gets popped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #32
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I've been ok with them so far. I lost one WR for the season and a couple guys for 5-7 weeks, neither of which were great players. Everyone else just misses some fraction of a game when they get injured. I think the biggest thing is the guys are always lying on the field when they should just say something like "walked off the field with a minor injury" and not delay the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »