Home

I'm done with this game.

This is a discussion on I'm done with this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:54 PM   #49
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I'm done with this game.

[quote=t_diddy;2037653524]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
I see what you're saying, sort of. If the RB is behind the line in the flats, then why is the WR and CB back there? If the RB is across the line, and thus, not in the flats, then it's fair game for the CB to leave his man and cover the RB given man or zone coverage.
Yeah your understanding a lil. The WR and CB are not in the flats. Thats why its so crazy for it to happen.

There are times when they will running on a route. And the CB will leave my WR as soon as I throw the ball to the RB in the flats and intercept the pass. He moves really fast and he knows exactly where im throwing the ball.

Come on as soon as my QB throws before its even 2 inches out of his hand. Its funny everytime I see it im like wow. He has to be the best DB in the nation. Problem is that im saying that about 80% of the time.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4

[quote=DereckM;2037653974]
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy

Yeah your understanding a lil. The WR and CB are not in the flats. Thats why its so crazy for it to happen.

There are times when they will running on a route. And the CB will leave my WR as soon as I throw the ball to the RB in the flats and intercept the pass. He moves really fast and he knows exactly where im throwing the ball.

Come on as soon as my QB throws before its even 2 inches out of his hand. Its funny everytime I see it im like wow. He has to be the best DB in the nation. Problem is that im saying that about 80% of the time.
That would be crazy. I haven't really seen it. Anyway, I am actually really happy with this year's version of the game. I guess that I can deal with a few extra interceptions (and pick 6s) on both sides as long as the games are fun. I guess when it comes down to it I love the challenge of not throwing INTs to the CPU, and conversely, I love seeing my guys get INTs anytime they get them. I'm definitely not a stat junkie, but I do like for stats to reasonably mirror real life. I've found that increasing the knockdown slider and decreasing the INT slider has greatly reduced the number of INTs that I see for me and the CPU.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #51
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

[quote=t_diddy;2037654606]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DereckM
That would be crazy. I haven't really seen it. Anyway, I am actually really happy with this year's version of the game. I guess that I can deal with a few extra interceptions (and pick 6s) on both sides as long as the games are fun. I guess when it comes down to it I love the challenge of not throwing INTs to the CPU, and conversely, I love seeing my guys get INTs anytime they get them. I'm definitely not a stat junkie, but I do like for stats to reasonably mirror real life. I've found that increasing the knockdown slider and decreasing the INT slider has greatly reduced the number of INTs that I see for me and the CPU.
The problem for me isn't with the stats (that is annoying though)it is with the flow of the game. I mean when you pick off a QB a ton that teams chances of winning is reduced. Not to mention that half of the picks can be returned for TD's. It just kills the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 08:21 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I am not seeing the INT issue, But that's for the sole reason that I supersim when I am on defense. Kills several birds with one stone for me.

1. Get through games quicker, and deeper in to my dynasty
2. Get realistic defensive stats, and imo, recruiting and ratings of defensive players mean more.
3. I have never liked playing defense in EA games. Sometimes on defense feels like I am just along for the ride. APF/2k5 are the only games I have enjoyed playing defense in
Old 08-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #53
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am not seeing the INT issue, But that's for the sole reason that I supersim when I am on defense. Kills several birds with one stone for me.

1. Get through games quicker, and deeper in to my dynasty
2. Get realistic defensive stats, and imo, recruiting and ratings of defensive players mean more.
3. I have never liked playing defense in EA games. Sometimes on defense feels like I am just along for the ride. APF/2k5 are the only games I have enjoyed playing defense in
BK. I think I may start doing a hybrid of this. Maybe I'll SuperSim while on D in the first half and play out the entire second half.

How many minute quarters are you using for this. If I use this hybrid of sim and play, I may go with 6 minute quarters, instead of 8 minutes. As long as I have the same amount of plays as the sim engine has for other games 115-130 plays, I'll be happy.

This will also let me play more games. Playing an entire 8 minute game takes about 80-90 minutes.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #54
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
BK. I think I may start doing a hybrid of this. Maybe I'll SuperSim while on D in the first half and play out the entire second half.

How many minute quarters are you using for this. If I use this hybrid of sim and play, I may go with 6 minute quarters, instead of 8 minutes. As long as I have the same amount of plays as the sim engine has for other games 115-130 plays, I'll be happy.

This will also let me play more games. Playing an entire 8 minute game takes about 80-90 minutes.
I've been playing with 7 minute quarters and getting about the right number of plays. But keep in mind when I have the ball I am slow play caller so most of the time I snap the ball late in the 25 second clock. I also control my team for special teams plays. I will hit X to watch big plays when I am on defense also. It's worked out well for me. I can play a game pretty quick now and have been getting very good results. Your mileage may vary.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:38 PM   #55
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by {}*tHe{:}Slider{:}gOd*{}
Not trying to be rude but, I don't care how good anyone makes the sliders the glitches and ints will still be their. Just reduced if you do have good sliders thats all. You would be lieing though if you say you don't see any of this stuff period.
I guess I will go thru life with you thinking I am a liar because I am not seeing them using my slider set. Maybe it is the way I play, maybe it is pure luck. I am not seeing all the cpu INT's anymore....I am not sure why you would choose to dispute this as I have nothing to gain by my statement. To each his own.

Last edited by arichzona; 08-13-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 10:41 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I guess I will go thru life with you thinking I am a liar because I am not seeing them usign my slider set. Maybe it is the way I play, maybe it is pure luck. I am not seeing all the cpu INT's anymore....I am not sure why you would choose to dispute this as I have nothing to gain by my statement. To each his own.
LOL. I hope you can sleep at night!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »