Home

This Game SUCKS!!!

This is a discussion on This Game SUCKS!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
This Game SUCKS!!!

I am sorry. I have tried almost every slider set available on this site, on every difficulty level imaginable. Now, before some young punk(who's sack ain't got no fuzz yet)tells me to learn how to play the game, I want to make some things clear. If you have posted settings on this site, I have tried them. I tip my cap to you and give you my thanks. I know that many of you have spent 'countless' hours on these sliders and have got it to simulate a respectable and very solid game for you. I am very jealous. From a statistical standpoint, the sliders are usually solid. One set does A better, while another does B better. However, there is no denying that the game is broken. For example, when you go to the sliders, the very first slider says 'QB Accuracy'. Now I am an old man who's eyes may be failing him, but doesn't QB stand for QUARTERBACK? Isn't that the guy behind center, who takes the snap, who throws the ball? Now these aging eyes may have trouble reading the old Merriam-Webster's, but these distinguished gentleman, who have me helped through many, many Sunday crosswod puzzles, say that 'accuracy' is 'the ability to give an accurate or exact result'. Very intersting. It doesn't say a damn thing about a QB with A 95 THP rating not being able to throw the ball to the goddamn line-of-scrimmage. Perhaps EASports ought to buy a freakin' dictionary. When I do a playaction pass, and my WR is WIDE open running a GO route, I am NOT intersted in seeing whether or not the ol' pigskin fits snuggly up my All-Amercan guards ***! If my QB is inaccurate, then he's inaccurate. IF HE'S FREAKING ******** THEN WE HAVE SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIM! HEY, ******, LEARN TO WHITTLE WOOD! I'LL BUY YOU A BOOTH SO YOU CAN SELL YOUR CRAP OUTSIDE THE STADIUM! NEVER, EVER COME IN THE STADIUM! IF YOU HAVE TO ****, HERE'S A MAXWELL HOUSE COFFE CAN! But I digress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: This Game SUCKS!!!

No really, tell us how you feel..

Seriously, have you tried my sliders..??? They work pretty good if you are using a low tier team and only playing dynasty game. Remember you have to change the coach strategy screen before you play the game. Try them out and tell me what you think..
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #3
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdawgie
I am sorry. I have tried almost every slider set available on this site, on every difficulty level imaginable. Now, before some young punk(who's sack ain't got no fuzz yet)tells me to learn how to play the game, I want to make some things clear. If you have posted settings on this site, I have tried them. I tip my cap to you and give you my thanks. I know that many of you have spent 'countless' hours on these sliders and have got it to simulate a respectable and very solid game for you. I am very jealous. From a statistical standpoint, the sliders are usually solid. One set does A better, while another does B better. However, there is no denying that the game is broken. For example, when you go to the sliders, the very first slider says 'QB Accuracy'. Now I am an old man who's eyes may be failing him, but doesn't QB stand for QUARTERBACK? Isn't that the guy behind center, who takes the snap, who throws the ball? Now these aging eyes may have trouble reading the old Merriam-Webster's, but these distinguished gentleman, who have me helped through many, many Sunday crosswod puzzles, say that 'accuracy' is 'the ability to give an accurate or exact result'. Very intersting. It doesn't say a damn thing about a QB with A 95 THP rating not being able to throw the ball to the goddamn line-of-scrimmage. Perhaps EASports ought to buy a freakin' dictionary. When I do a playaction pass, and my WR is WIDE open running a GO route, I am NOT intersted in seeing whether or not the ol' pigskin fits snuggly up my All-Amercan guards ***! If my QB is inaccurate, then he's inaccurate. IF HE'S FREAKING ******** THEN WE HAVE SPECIAL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIM! HEY, ******, LEARN TO WHITTLE WOOD! I'LL BUY YOU A BOOTH SO YOU CAN SELL YOUR CRAP OUTSIDE THE STADIUM! NEVER, EVER COME IN THE STADIUM! IF YOU HAVE TO *earmuffs*, HERE'S A MAXWELL HOUSE COFFE CAN! But I digress.

I love this time of year. All of the "6 total posts" guys who's only posts are to proclaim to the world how they think a game sucks every 365 days or so show up and flood the NCAA and Madden boards. Then they disappear into oblivion, only to reappear the following year with the same tired old cliches.

So invigorating.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

Sorry. I wish I hadn't posted this. Just came off a very frustrating game. Everything was great, but then the CPU felt they needed to throw 3 picks in the 4th qtr to spice things up. Utah St(me) goes into Doak Campbell and makes Bobby and the 'noles squeal like pigs, 'Deliverance' style. In case you're wondering, all 3 were pick 6. They missed 3 FG's in the 2nd half. All 3 picks were in the red zone. Drove right down the field only to go all Paris Hilton on me. That's right, they sucked stuff. I won 28-27. I was getting it handed to me. But in typical EA fashion, they couldn't close the deal. I honestly like the game, but unless their RB avg's 6.5+ ypc, they can't win.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I love this time of year. All of the "6 total posts" guys who's only posts are to proclaim to the world how they think a game sucks every 365 days or so show up and flood the NCAA and Madden boards. Then they disappear into oblivion, only to reappear the following year with the same tired old cliches.

So invigorating.
How many times do you have to be force fed crap before you can honestly say, "hey, that's crap"? Take my 11 posts, your 1000+ posts, and shove it up your arse. Game's got issues. If you could stop burping up EA's babies you'd see that. All I wanted to do was voice my displeasure over a product that I spent $60+ on. Am I still playing it? YES! Am I 100% satisfied with it? NO! I started my own thread, didn't go to the slider forum, didn't go to the roster forum, didn't mention the rival's game, and you crapped on what I said. All I wanted to do was vent a little. Isn't that the purpose of these sites? Because I only have a few posts I belong in the Special Olympics? Just because I only have 11 posts my eyes can't see LB's jetpacking across the field, making one-handed picks? I can't read the stats screen where both the CPU and I go 22-27 with 5 picks apiece? My topic was pretty cut 'n' dry. It was obviously a 'Let me get this off my chest' thread. If you don't want to read it, DON'T CLICK ON IT! Is this OS or SS? Ya frickin web nazi!

Last edited by jjdawgie; 08-13-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

actually the qba slider you are talking about really has nothing to do with acc at all i mean alittle but not much. It actually has more to do with how far the qb can throw it then it does making them more accurate.

I will PM you my latest AA sliders that you have not tried yet because they are not even posted yet get back with me and let me know if you like the game alittle bit better now.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:51 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by {}*tHe{:}Slider{:}gOd*{}
actually the qba slider you are talking about really has nothing to do with acc at all i mean alittle but not much. It actually has more to do with how far the qb can throw it then it does making them more accurate.

I will PM you my latest AA sliders that you have not tried yet because they are not even posted yet get back with me and let me know if you like the game alittle bit better now.
Listen to this guy.

So far he has lived up to his name and has given me the best set of sliders I have used yet.

Also, just because the sliders aren't putting our realistic stats doesn't mean the game itself sucks...
Old 08-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #8
All Star

RockyTop1's Arena

OVR: 21

We get your point. Please be a little more P.C. in your future posts. Thanks

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »