Home

One thing I HATE about this game!

This is a discussion on One thing I HATE about this game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
One thing I HATE about this game!

How freaking fun it is and how much damn time I am spending on it and it still doesn't feel like ENOUGH!!! This is by FAR the best football game I have ever played in fun factor. Who would have ever thought that I would be finding myself playing a chess match against the CPU trying to run a ball control offense? Just awesome!!! I really hope that EA tries to NOT change much next year and rather just build on this game. It is very damn close to a 10/10 IMO but if they need to throw in another gimmick without beta testing then who knows... another 2004 to 2005 disaster could occur.

I will be playing this game through the entire real college football season I think, and that would be a first since '04.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Rookie

jayo's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: One thing I HATE about this game!

Quote:
I will be playing this game through the entire real college football season I think, and that would be a first since '04.
Yeah, I agree. I will be playing this for a while. Normally I will play the hell out of it when I first get it, then stop, and then get back into it towards the end of the season, but I am having a hard time putting it down. I think i've only played one other game since I got NCAA.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
How freaking fun it is and how much damn time I am spending on it and it still doesn't feel like ENOUGH!!! This is by FAR the best football game I have ever played in fun factor. Who would have ever thought that I would be finding myself playing a chess match against the CPU trying to run a ball control offense? Just awesome!!! I really hope that EA tries to NOT change much next year and rather just build on this game. It is very damn close to a 10/10 IMO but if they need to throw in another gimmick without beta testing then who knows... another 2004 to 2005 disaster could occur.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...a 10/10? Are you not seeing the gigantic CPU INT issue in your copy? If the INT issue for CPU QBs were not there, I'd give it an 8.75. There is still a poor passing game, odd DB animations and play, WWE tackling animations, etc.)

I'm glad your enjoying it though. I know I am trying my hardest to do so myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Whoa, whoa, whoa...a 10/10? Are you not seeing the gigantic CPU INT issue in front of you? If the INT issue were not there, I'd give it an 8.5. There is still a poor passing game, odd DB animations and play, WWE tackling animations, etc.)

I'm glad your enjoying it though. I know I am trying my hardest to do so myself.
Nope, my last 2 games I played today the CPU threw zero INTs.... that is not the norm or the average, and yes INTs can get crazy. But what I am saying is that by fixing a couple of issues (such as INTs) then this game can easily hit 10/10 IMO because so many of the other features of this game are already superbly done. However; from year to year EA needs to add a gimmick so that they can advertise it as a new and fresh gimmick on the box and in their adds and give people something to talk about in interviews... this has been a crap shoot to ruin games. It is my opinion that it is the motivation this year that gives us the broken INT/fumble games. If/when a guy loses motivation and gets the gray color on his feet... you have to get him the hell out of the game because it is so overly done but the CPU never does that and hence turn over galore.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Nope, my last 2 games I played today the CPU threw zero INTs.... that is not the norm or the average, and yes INTs can get crazy. But what I am saying is that by fixing a couple of issues (such as INTs) then this game can easily hit 10/10 IMO because so many of the other features of this game are already superbly done. However; from year to year EA needs to add a gimmick so that they can advertise it as a new and fresh gimmick on the box and in their adds and give people something to talk about in interviews... this has been a crap shoot to ruin games. It is my opinion that it is the motivation this year that gives us the broken INT/fumble games. If/when a guy loses motivation and gets the gray color on his feet... you have to get him the hell out of the game because it is so overly done but the CPU never does that and hence turn over galore.

I can feel what you say about cutting down on the ints but, try playing a game with a team that is a grade to 2 grades a head of you and its like interception frenzy.

The point is ints cannot be gotten rid of completely belive me i have tried and faild miserably.

However you are right they can be reduced though but even with the ints reduced their still is so many time when you see the bs int to where its hardly really any fun to play this game anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:06 PM   #6
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Soce, you bring up something interesting here. Once a CPU throws maybe his 2nd INT or any number I decide on or if he is "gray under his feet", I may plug in a controller, jump in the game as another play and sub his rattled butt out of the game. I am definitely going to give that a whirl tonight.

What do you think? Whenever the CPU throws 3+ INTs, they typically come in bunches. Then again, maybe this game is making me lose my mind.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Soce, you bring up something interesting here. Once a CPU throws maybe his 2nd INT or any number I decide on or if he is "gray under his feet", I may plug in a controller, jump in the game as another play and sub his rattled butt out of the game. I am definitely going to give that a whirl tonight.

What do you think? Whenever the CPU throws 3+ INTs, they typically come in bunches. Then again, maybe this game is making me lose my mind.
Yeah, it sure as **** can't hurt. I have played against Tebow and had him destroy me and I have also played him only to watch him throw 7 INTs.... to me it comes down to motivation level. If the take the opening drive down the field and score on you, and better yet its a passing TD, then look out, they will probably put up huge numbers with few INTs. However, if you are able to pick them before they get a first down, it can turn into a blowout fast.

I am confused by the guy above, are you talking about YOU THROWING INTS or the CPU? If you are referring to yourself then simply go down a level and play on an easier setting. As you get better HUMAN INTs are very manageable. Also, if you happen to throw a pick or 2 early and get gray motivation, pull your QB and put in the backup. Trust me, it once you are in the gray you want anyone in there but that guy!
Old 08-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Yeah, it sure as *earmuffs* can't hurt. I have played against Tebow and had him destroy me and I have also played him only to watch him throw 7 INTs.... to me it comes down to motivation level. If the take the opening drive down the field and score on you, and better yet its a passing TD, then look out, they will probably put up huge numbers with few INTs. However, if you are able to pick them before they get a first down, it can turn into a blowout fast.

I am confused by the guy above, are you talking about YOU THROWING INTS or the CPU? If you are referring to yourself then simply go down a level and play on an easier setting. As you get better HUMAN INTs are very manageable. Also, if you happen to throw a pick or 2 early and get gray motivation, pull your QB and put in the backup. Trust me, it once you are in the gray you want anyone in there but that guy!

Can someone explain to me what button you press to see all of this? I mean how do you know when your players get tired.

I know its a dumb question but seriously I have never took the time to figure it out. so please I would like to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »