Home

Difficulty Resetting on 360

This is a discussion on Difficulty Resetting on 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4
Difficulty Resetting on 360

I was playing my dynasty the other day and thought that maybe I had finally figured out passing on AA, as I was lighting up Bowling Green and UCF. Then I checked the difficulty and it had somehow been reset to Varsity.

Has anybody else seen this?

In addition, I also lost my Gator Bowl trophy from season 1 and all of my Instant Classics.

Just wondering if this is isolated to me or if others have seen this. I'm on the 360.

Thanks. Ted
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Difficulty Resetting on 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedknick
I was playing my dynasty the other day and thought that maybe I had finally figured out passing on AA, as I was lighting up Bowling Green and UCF. Then I checked the difficulty and it had somehow been reset to Varsity.
Wow! That happened to me yesterday. I'm in the 3rd year of my Utah State dynasty and, like you, I thought I'd finally figured it out after reading rudyjuly2's "Lobbing and Leading" thread. I played the game to a 69-14 win but the cpu turned it over 8 times. I knew it was on All-American because I checked it before the game...or so I thought.

I started the next game and jumped up 21-0 early in the 1st and decided to give the difficulty level a check. I was surprised to see that it was on Freshman of all things.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

This has happened to me too.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah, it happened to me as well. If you look back about two-three weeks ago you'll see a ton of posts from me saying "I finally figured out the passing game and can shred any D!"

Yeah, that's because my own AA sliders which were great for three games turned to dog poo because the difficulty was set back down to varsity.

I haven't played the game in almost three weeks now because I'm sticking with 2k7 right now during baseball season. I figure I'll start my Penn St dynasty over again in a few weeks and just check the difficulty before each game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have had this happen a couple times and everytime it was after I changed some sliders while playing a game or in pratice mode. I also had it happen one time in my dynasty when I went to practice before I played a game. But if you play your games and make no changes during the game I have never had it change on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #6
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I have read in several places that the difficulty switcheroo is related to changing sliders and sub-in/sub-out settings. No reason for it other than it's just a bug.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 PM   #7
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I could remember this happening to me. I felt awesome shredding USC @ USC in 2008. I felt amazing in this game, nothing could stop me. Turns out the difficulty had gone from heisman to freshman. No wonder I beat USC by about 40. The next game was quite a reality check, though I survived to win, it was really such a difference it wasn't even funny.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

It makes me feel better that it's not just me, but nobody else has lost trophies or Instant Classic games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »