Home

How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

This is a discussion on How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: How The Hell Do You Stop CPU Pass Rush?

I also struggle with the pass rush. Infact I dropped down to varsity with the pass block slider at 100....And I still get some pressure, but I at least have time to scan the field. I am glad EA ramped up the defense this year, but they may have taken it just a little too far.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:28 PM   #10
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

been having this problem too, thought it was because i suck ( i mean i still do) but this is not my fault i have watched replays, and i am getting sacked before any of my receivers have made their breaks, but i have noticed that if you do a couple of fake snaps, (rb button) on 360 this will slow them down also wait a second or two for the now imfamous center pointing animation this helps too. also a good running game tends to slow down the pass rush, I think EA did a solid job in putting fatigue in this years game, like the way the d looks slower if you run it down their throats all game and you see the backups getting some reps on both sides of the ball in a lot of positions
Old 08-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #11
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

I saw this at first, I bumped up the Human Pass Block slider really high and eventually I started to get better at getting rid of the ball and I lowered the slider. I usually get a good mix now, 2-4 sacks a game by the CPU, sometimes more if I go pass crazy or try to scramble too much with my slow QB.

Bump up the slider until you see sack totals you are happy with, that's why it is there
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
I saw this at first, I bumped up the Human Pass Block slider really high and eventually I started to get better at getting rid of the ball and I lowered the slider. I usually get a good mix now, 2-4 sacks a game by the CPU, sometimes more if I go pass crazy or try to scramble too much with my slow QB.

Bump up the slider until you see sack totals you are happy with, that's why it is there
CM, when in fact you did bump up pass block did it appear as if your Oline was holding? Also did you by chance notice a high pass completion percentage by HUM QB?

Is it me or does it seems like the QB speed is to low... I mean it sucks to get ran down from behind by a 320Ib DE... But it helps cut down on me scrambling when I know my QB doesn't posses decent mobility skills.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
CM, when in fact you did bump up pass block did it appear as if your Oline was holding? Also did you by chance notice a high pass completion percentage by HUM QB?

Is it me or does it seems like the QB speed is to low... I mean it sucks to get ran down from behind by a 320Ib DE... But it helps cut down on me scrambling when I know my QB doesn't posses decent mobility skills.
The QBs seem like they are running in mud. A lot of guys mentioned that at the Community day and they certainly seem like they aren't running at 100% effort.

I boost my pass block too. I'm finding on AA that I will make the same slider adjustments for the CPU on offense and defense as I do for myself - all except pass block. I drop theirs and boost mine. They have all day to throw the ball and my QB is on his back more often than Britney.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM   #14
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by House
To sack the computer, you just need to do blitzes from all over. Don't only just blitz your line backers. Blitz safties, CB's. OLB's. Every now and then blitz all of them.
It's like after the huddle the CPU knows your making adjustments and rushes their snap, don't get me wrong I do blitz and attempt to mix things up. I think my defensive hot routes might be and issue as well here.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 PM   #15
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR

Yes, I think the result of moving the pass block slider up is pretty much the human team Oline holding onto defenders. It isn't perfect, but it does what the slider intends to do: gets you better protection. I'm sure my completion % went up not having to rush so much, but it wasn't lke I went from 40% to 80% with the slider bump. I've since lowered the pass block slider as my skill in passing has improved and I have found a happy medium for myself.

QBs are slow. They give non-running QBs really low speed ratings(in the 60s). I haven't checked this but I would guess they give some DTs higher speed ratings, more of a "speed relative to position" type thing which would cause some issues when a DT is chasing a slower QB in the open field. That's just a hunch though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #16
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

My biggest problem with CPU pass rush is when they jump the snap. I've gotten used to mixing up snap counts, so every once in a while I can get a free 5 yards because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »