Home

We Almost Forgot

This is a discussion on We Almost Forgot within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:07 AM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
We Almost Forgot

With all this talk about the turnover problems ruining the game and trying to find the perfect settings to fix it and the all the bickering back and forth as to why EA made the game run at 60fps for the 360 and only 30fps on the PS3, one thing has been overlooked. Its the main reason why many of us bought the game and are picking it apart the way we are... its COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Its the pagentry, the rivalries, the bowl games, and the tail-gate parties(ok they aren't in this years version). Its getting geared up for the big game on Saturday against a team that you just have to beat no matter what(Kentucky, West Virginia anyone?).

Its watching your team grow over the year, freshman grow over 4 years(well at least 3), and watching that recruit that you signed only to fill a roster spot be up for the Heisman, the Maxwell, or the Bednarik trophies. Its holding your breath when your star player takes a massive hit and is slow to get up, its cheering(a little inside) when your opponents star player takes a massive hit and doesn't get up.

Its living for Saturday(or any day of the week since its a video game), living for the BCS dream, trying to play that perfect season. Its trying not to lose a game your supposed to win and trying to win a game you are supposed to lose. Its playing spoiler and ending someones perfect season and National Championship hopes. Its having your National Championship dreams dashed by a last second field goal(I hate Rutgers).

Its watching a team such as Wake Forest win the ACC, a team such as Rutgers be successful, and watching a team such as Florida all the sudden become the doormat of the SEC. Its getting screwed out of the National Championship game, sneaking your way into a BCS bowl game, or making your schools very first bowl game appearance.

Its being in a game with the thought running through your head that you can win this game, and then looking up at the scoreboard as the final seconds tick away and realize that you have won the game. And then you watch as the National Championship trophy is awarded to your team and you think that you have accomplished it all, but suddenly start thinking repeat.

Its all this and so much more, why?........... Because its COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

CB

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
MVP

USC_QB's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: We Almost Forgot

Amen brother!
Old 08-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

Sometimes when you really listen to the atmosphere it's great. In the sense that it's the only football game that gives you all the college fight songs and all that. I love hearing that stuff and sometimes it takes me back...to last year hahaha.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Sometimes when you really listen to the atmosphere it's great. In the sense that it's the only football game that gives you all the college fight songs and all that. I love hearing that stuff and sometimes it takes me back...to last year hahaha.
So true Stewaat. I waxed Tennessee last night with my Gators in my dynasty and with 1:35 left on the clock in the 4th quarter, the Swamp started chanting "It's great - to be - a Florida Gator!" That was so sweet.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

What's nice is that we're nearing the time when those that can't love this game will fall off the wagon, and those of us left can actually talk about the game itself.

I quit analyzing all this crap a long time ago.

I played my first game yesterday since getting Madden, and it's like an old comfortable pair of jeans. Just feels right. May not be perfect, but I wouldn't trade 'em for another pair.

Had a great 21-17 win over Wisky, w/ only one INT by the CPU and one fumble by me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Man, reading that was like watching an NCAA promo commerical. If the EA sports voice guy said that during a commerical I'd probably go out and drop 60 bucks on another copy!

Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #7
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Great post Countryboy. Spoken like a true Champion. We all know that the same guys that trashed this game are over at Madden praising or trashing it as well... Never stops...Never will... Bottomline... They still play NCAA and they'll be back mark my word. That's why I still think the revolving door is a great invention
Old 08-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
With all this talk about the turnover problems ruining the game and trying to find the perfect settings to fix it and the all the bickering back and forth as to why EA made the game run at 60fps for the 360 and only 30fps on the PS3, one thing has been overlooked. Its the main reason why many of us bought the game and are picking it apart the way we are... its COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

Its the pagentry, the rivalries, the bowl games, and the tail-gate parties(ok they aren't in this years version). Its getting geared up for the big game on Saturday against a team that you just have to beat no matter what(Kentucky, West Virginia anyone?).

Its watching your team grow over the year, freshman grow over 4 years(well at least 3), and watching that recruit that you signed only to fill a roster spot be up for the Heisman, the Maxwell, or the Bednarik trophies. Its holding your breath when your star player takes a massive hit and is slow to get up, its cheering(a little inside) when your opponents star player takes a massive hit and doesn't get up.

Its living for Saturday(or any day of the week since its a video game), living for the BCS dream, trying to play that perfect season. Its trying not to lose a game your supposed to win and trying to win a game you are supposed to lose. Its playing spoiler and ending someones perfect season and National Championship hopes. Its having your National Championship dreams dashed by a last second field goal(I hate Rutgers).

Its watching a team such as Wake Forest win the ACC, a team such as Rutgers be successful, and watching a team such as Florida all the sudden become the doormat of the SEC. Its getting screwed out of the National Championship game, sneaking your way into a BCS bowl game, or making your schools very first bowl game appearance.

Its being in a game with the thought running through your head that you can win this game, and then looking up at the scoreboard as the final seconds tick away and realize that you have won the game. And then you watch as the National Championship trophy is awarded to your team and you think that you have accomplished it all, but suddenly start thinking repeat.

Its all this and so much more, why?........... Because its COLLEGE FOOTBALL!

CB
Great post. Oh and I do the tailgating thing myself when I play so no real need for it to be in the game, LOL!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »