Home

Changing Conferences?

This is a discussion on Changing Conferences? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Changing Conferences?

I am thinking of starting a dynasty with either Colorado St, or SMU. My hope is to either get Colo St into the Big 12 North, or SMU into the Big 12 South.

For those of you that have achieved conference invites, how long does it typically take you to be invited into a major conference?

Do you intentionally schedule games against teams in the conference you hope to be invited to?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Changing Conferences?

I've heard stories of it taking 1 year after a 7-5 year and I've heard that it has taken over 10-15 years with undefeated records and BCS bowl wins.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #3
Rookie

junior2430's Arena

OVR: 1

I just completed my third season with New Mexico and replaced Kansas in the Big 12. I averaged 2 losses a year.

I think it's completely random.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Banned

I was hoping to either knock Baylor out of the South, Iowa St or Kansas out of the North.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Well, if you feel like you've earned it(with a good enough record). You can save before simming the CPU's bowl games, and keep re-loading until you get that invite.

It's random on the invites at least in the past. Once you could go 12-1 and get no invite, but if you re-load you could get a invite.

Also make sure to schedule at least two games against the conference each year you want to get into.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.jason
Well, if you feel like you've earned it(with a good enough record). You can save before simming the CPU's bowl games, and keep re-loading until you get that invite.

It's random on the invites at least in the past. Once you could go 12-1 and get no invite, but if you re-load you could get a invite.

Also make sure to schedule at least two games against the conference each year you want to get into.
That almost sounds like a worthwhile "cheat" to get a smaller school into a big conference. I like playing with a weaker team, just don't want to play the conference schedule of a weaker team (year after year). So exactly when does the invite come, right after the bowl season ends?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
That almost sounds like a worthwhile "cheat" to get a smaller school into a big conference. I like playing with a weaker team, just don't want to play the conference schedule of a weaker team (year after year). So exactly when does the invite come, right after the bowl season ends?

Thanks
Yes it comes after all the bowl games are over.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:26 PM   #8
Rookie

sikivu's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm using SMU, lost one game a year, and got invited into the Big 12 to replace Baylor at the end of the second year. SMU's not a bad one star school because they've got a couple of decent recruiting draws.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »