Home

I never thought the AI cheated until last night...

This is a discussion on I never thought the AI cheated until last night... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
I never thought the AI cheated until last night...

I played 3 games in my 6 team dynasty last night and lost all 3...

CMU 32 @ Kansas 34

I score with 7 seconds left to go up 32 to 28 and kick off, they return it to the 40. I put in dime coverage and they throw a slant that splits the coverage and they race to the house for the win.

Arizona 28 @ BYU 31

I'm up 28-24 with 3 minutes left 4th and goal at the 1 inch line. I get stuffed on a dive play. Computer takes over on the 1/2 yard line. I blitz the middle and hot route the DE to spy. The computer takes the snap, gets under pressure and swings a screen to about 5 yards deep in the endzone where the RB spins away from my end and goes 85 yards before being caught from behind. They eventually score and I lose.

ND 23 @ BYU 24

Up 23-17, I stop PSU on downs with 1:09 remaining. They have all their timeouts remaining so I need a 1st down, first play while covering the ball...fumble. They score on a pass play two plays later. I drive down the field hitting passes to the 26 yard line with 30 seconds left. I try to center the ball between the hash with a HB dive, fumble, I lose.

3 great games, but they all seemed to have this eerie feeling that I could not possibly win. I will just chalk this up to coincidence, but if this continues, I may not have any controllers left to finish the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I never thought the AI cheated until last night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I played 3 games in my 6 team dynasty last night and lost all 3...

CMU 32 @ Kansas 34

I score with 7 seconds left to go up 32 to 28 and kick off, they return it to the 40. I put in dime coverage and they throw a slant that splits the coverage and they race to the house for the win.

Arizona 28 @ BYU 31

I'm up 28-24 with 3 minutes left 4th and goal at the 1 inch line. I get stuffed on a dive play. Computer takes over on the 1/2 yard line. I blitz the middle and hot route the DE to spy. The computer takes the snap, gets under pressure and swings a screen to about 5 yards deep in the endzone where the RB spins away from my end and goes 85 yards before being caught from behind. They eventually score and I lose.

ND 23 @ BYU 24

Up 23-17, I stop PSU on downs with 1:09 remaining. They have all their timeouts remaining so I need a 1st down, first play while covering the ball...fumble. They score on a pass play two plays later. I drive down the field hitting passes to the 26 yard line with 30 seconds left. I try to center the ball between the hash with a HB dive, fumble, I lose.

3 great games, but they all seemed to have this eerie feeling that I could not possibly win. I will just chalk this up to coincidence, but if this continues, I may not have any controllers left to finish the season.
Ouch. 3 tough losses. All seemed pretty legit though except for the ND game.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

That sounds mighty frustrating.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Pro

UofLCards's Arena

OVR: 8

I had one game vs FSU in the Sugar Bowl were I had not given up a sack the entire game. Then after FSU took a four point lead in the final minute I drove down the field to their ten yard line. I proceeded to have their defensive end swim move my left tackle for four consecutive sacks. I gently put my controller down, turned off the 360, and went and watched a movie.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

I thought long and hard about not saving the ND game, but I saved it. I will just see how the season plays out. James Aldridge officially lost his starting HB job though. Hopefully I'll get a good break my way tonight. If Michigan STate loses on some strange shenanigans tonight against Bowling Green, I'll find a new hobby.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 10:45 AM   #6

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofLCards
I had one game vs FSU in the Sugar Bowl were I had not given up a sack the entire game. Then after FSU took a four point lead in the final minute I drove down the field to their ten yard line. I proceeded to have their defensive end swim move my left tackle for four consecutive sacks. I gently put my controller down, turned off the 360, and went and watched a movie.
Yeah but if your team did the same thing to the CPU, its "great defense."

People that blame the AI for their losses kill me.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah but if your team did the same thing to the CPU, its "great defense."

People that blame the AI for their losses kill me.
Yeah, I agree, but in my original post, you have to admit that the 2 fumbles in the ND game look a little suspicious. Especially 3 consecutive losses like that in a row just stand out. Everything just seemed out of my control in the 4th quarter.

I am one who saves every game and just moves on though. I appreciate the fact that I have a game that can actually beat me, even if some of the losses seem shady. Nothing worse than having a game that is too easy and you win every time. I have never understood why people think they should be able to go undefeated with any team. Unrealistic and a waste of time if you win every game. Even USC with all their talent cannot go undefeated most years.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

There is definitely a Tecmo Bowl feeling to the xbox version of the game. There are plays in which the defensive players unanimously defeat their blocker immediately and all tackle the ball carrier. I paused one replay to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Only 1 of my OL or TEs were left standing after a 2 or 3 second play.

Then there other plays, even goalline runs, where they practically get out of your way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »