Home

djwill13's passing concepts 101

This is a discussion on djwill13's passing concepts 101 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #9
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: djwill13's passing concepts 101

That was a nice video. I'd like to see more on the deeper routes. Generally I can read anything short, but things get a lot more difficult trying to read a deep route in the limited time available.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:53 PM   #10
Rookie

longhorn35's Arena

OVR: 2

Geat job DJWILL13!!!

This is the normal thing for this guy. You can see more of this over at the NCAA filmroom that has the breakdowns and such for play over at www.ncaafilmroom.com ...

It is a great tool to use for bettering your gameplay...

Thanks for your input dj....
Old 08-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tig5309
That was a nice video. I'd like to see more on the deeper routes. Generally I can read anything short, but things get a lot more difficult trying to read a deep route in the limited time available.
Working on something like that as we speak. It'll be passing concepts 102. Should have it ready by friday at the latest, so stay tuned.

I really appreciate all the support.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the tips!

I still feel that the passing game feels broken compared to Madden 08. Throwing above the line scrimmage over the middle is next to impossible in this game! Majority of the time it will be a pick.

I'm trying to finish my 1 year of my dynasty, but the passing game is slowly driving me away from this game.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr888
Thanks for the tips!

I still feel that the passing game feels broken compared to Madden 08. Throwing above the line scrimmage over the middle is next to impossible in this game! Majority of the time it will be a pick.

I'm trying to finish my 1 year of my dynasty, but the passing game is slowly driving me away from this game.
You probably dont want to hear this but I have been testing the passing cone out and you have so much more control of the pass. The other side of it is obviously pass blocking, which youre gonna need a lot of to use the cone. Just thought I'd add my 2 cent. Hope that helps peace.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
You probably dont want to hear this but I have been testing the passing cone out and you have so much more control of the pass. The other side of it is obviously pass blocking, which youre gonna need a lot of to use the cone. Just thought I'd add my 2 cent. Hope that helps peace.
I'll have to experiment with the cone again. I didn't mind the cone. Just hope my offensive line can give me time!

I actually took some time in practice mode as was able to make throws over the middle. Touch passing is very sensitive this year. You really have to tap the button every so lightly. Also over doing precision passing will lead the pass too far which will end up being INT'd. I'll see how I fair during a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »