Home

RB Ability....

This is a discussion on RB Ability.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: RB Ability....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think you have to have cpu RBA no lower than 50 on AA. I set them in the 60-65 range along with a boost in the run blocking. Don't be afraid to increase the RBA just as long as you increase your tackle slider accordingly. I want the cpu to be able to outjuke and make some great moves which is why I boost their RBA. I don't want them simply running over and through all of my tackles though. For me, the tackle slider is good at around 10 points lower than the oppositions RBA (maybe 5 points less for those that don't like too many broken tackles). So if you set cpu RBA to 65, you should probably boost your tackle rating to 55. If you set cpu RBA to 35 you should lower your tackle rating to 25 imo.

I personally think you are going about it wrong if you set run block to 85 and RBA to 35. Having really high cpu run block really hurts in short yardage imo. Furthermore, setting cpu rba to 35 could result in many fumbles as well as making every cpu running back feel very average and interchangeable. I'm not sure if you would really notice or be scared by the truly great RBs when playing against them. Besides, you said you had a problem with the cpu NOT running enough so why drop RBA? That doesn't make sense to me.
Hey Rudy what sliders are you playing with? I have been having a hard time getting the right cpu rba setting. If I put it at 55 I stop thm to easy at 60 I never tackle on the first hit; the cpu breaks a lot of tackles. I do find it a big challenge to stop cpu run game at cpu rba 60, sometimes too big a challenge. Also when I have cpu rba at 55 I lower my tackle to 45 and raise cpu run blocking from 60 to 65. Now if only I could get cpu to not throw so many picks
Old 08-25-2007, 06:10 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: RB Ability....

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronut
Hey Rudy what sliders are you playing with? I have been having a hard time getting the right cpu rba setting. If I put it at 55 I stop thm to easy at 60 I never tackle on the first hit; the cpu breaks a lot of tackles. I do find it a big challenge to stop cpu run game at cpu rba 60, sometimes too big a challenge. Also when I have cpu rba at 55 I lower my tackle to 45 and raise cpu run blocking from 60 to 65. Now if only I could get cpu to not throw so many picks
I'm not that good on offense. I posted what I'm using lately in this slider thread (Anyone considering going back to Varsity?). I've got INTs, knockdowns and def. awareness at 0 for both me and the cpu and they don't throw many picks anymore. I got 4 INTs in my last game against the cpu but the cpu was between 0-2 the previous 8 or 9 games. I do think keeping the tackle rating about 10 points below their RBA is pretty good. I still see plenty of broken tackles but not too much imo. If you find offense too easy I would suggest dropping the human run blocking and increasing the cpu def. awareness from 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »