Home

Did anyone see the sales #'s for NCAA 08?

This is a discussion on Did anyone see the sales #'s for NCAA 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Did anyone see the sales #'s for NCAA 08?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Lol, all that and you didn't even answer the question.

@NYMets, get an XBOX 360 controller for Windows. I think it's basically just a wired 360 controller.
And how many people who've responded to this thread actually approached MY original question? Did you?

"Lol" right back at you, brainiac.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Isn't pirated software a huge issue for PC games? Is there really a great incentive to make a PC game because of this? The sale prices of PC games is also lower hurting profitability. I would also guess that due to the great variety of PC configurations out there and no standard it might create a lot of issues for programmers but I'm not sure.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:39 AM   #19
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Isn't pirated software a huge issue for PC games? Is there really a great incentive to make a PC game because of this? The sale prices of PC games is also lower hurting profitability. I would also guess that due to the great variety of PC configurations out there and no standard it might create a lot of issues for programmers but I'm not sure.
I don't think it is anymore but I could be wrong. The community it's self is quite protective about it these days.

I bought MVP '05 PC last year at some point and you do have to enter a long access key during the installation that's on the back of the CD case.

If you ever venture over to mvpmods.com you'll see posts of people claiming to have lost their disk and they need certain files mailed to them, etc. People get on them pretty hard for asking for stuff like that. I'm not sure how well that'd work anyway, because for MVP you need to have Disk 2 in your ROM drive to play the game.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-27-2007, 11:10 AM   #20
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't think it is anymore but I could be wrong. The community it's self is quite protective about it these days.
OK. Didn't know that. Doesn't matter to me since my CPU would struggle to play pong on it lol. Well maybe not that bad but its a 4 year old bare bones Dell and its all I need. I bought it on sale for $350 brand new (no monitor, no printer, no cd burner since I already had one). Some people's video cards are worth more than that.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:59 AM   #21
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
Big point in not tying up the TV for long stretches too.
I actually like playing games while watching TV.
Just cant play sports games on the PC.
Controller issues, its just not the same.
Seems one of the biggest reasons I ever shut off my console is to watch TV though.
I agree its really strange why EA wouldn't make this game for the PC it jus doesn't make sense. While I don't think it would take me away from the consoles I think there is definately an audience for PC gaming. As far as your TV delima, I've had 2 TV's in my living room for about 6 or 7 years now, so I watch TV while I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 PM   #22
Pro

Coachwf's Arena

Have always preferred PC gaming myself. Only reason I own a console is for college sports games. Mods are the main reason, higher quality graphics are another.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 13

I don't play on a computer anymore but I loved playing the NHL games on the computer. I had all the real boards, horns, etc. and it was great.

I would get back into computer gaming if NCAA came out but that's about the only game I would do it for.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachwf
Have always preferred PC gaming myself. Only reason I own a console is for college sports games. Mods are the main reason, higher quality graphics are another.
Amen to that man. If the college games came out on PC, I wouldn't have much need for the console anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »