Home

Why are counters borderline impossible?

This is a discussion on Why are counters borderline impossible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #17
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Why are counters borderline impossible?

will usually only run a counter if the pulling guard is not covered. I will switch sides or audible out entirely. Seems to work.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #18
stewaat

OVR:

Yea I struggle with counters. My o-line always pushes the free DT right in my way, kinda annoying. Draws do work fine for me. Maybe 1/8 of my counters aren't busted up and I can rush very effectively on Heisman.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:18 AM   #19
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I love the counter...and the draw...they both work well for me. Anytime an OL pulls in this game it's risky but against the right defense there is nothing better than a big ol' lineman out in front of you against a safety or corner.
"It looks like he's got a big bag hanging over his belt right now"-Lee Corso in NCAA

... that just reminded me of that stupid quote.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #20
Rookie

Fluff E Bunny's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
everytime i do a counter the DT just busts thru the line (and no, they dont jump the snap either)

wtf

What version of the game? 360? or last gen?

On 360 the plays work pretty well, as long as you set the defense up with dives (although, for some stupid reason, not all formations have dives that should have dives....sigh EA).

Be careful though, because there are some plays in the game that look like they are counters (guard pulls) but are not. They are usually labeled as 'HB sprint' and they have the OG pull, but do NOT have the RB doing a counter waggle. As a result, the guard never has a chance to get into position to block the DE...who gets released because the OL on the play side all trap block down. End result is the RB gets mutilated every time.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #21
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9

If your Cadence calls are the same every time the d will jump the snap throw the D off mix up your calls only downside is if you have an Fresh or Soph on the O-line he will get confused lol no line audibles do suck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
I hate when this happens this jump the snap is crap!!!!!! if the cpu must use it at least highlight the person that may jump the snap it is always to dt in the hole that i called the play to or the de on the side that i call the option to, have you ever seen a backside dlinemen jump the snap??? never the cpu cheats bottom line jump the snap is total crap!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hate that fake snaps pull the screen back, and I hate that I'm forced to use it to stop jump the snap by the CPU. I hope this feature set doen't make it in next year.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #23
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I do the counter our of the I-form twins formation and adjust the running path to the empty side of the field and it works very well. If the cpu successfully jumps the snap I dead, but that doesn't happen all the time.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 13

One that I have tried and seems to really work, even if the pulling guard is covered is this...

Highlight the playside G or T (one works better for single back counters, the other for FB formations). It's r1 on my ps3 but I change my controls.

Press the button to take control of that blocker. It's L1 on my ps3.

Snap the ball and take control of the RB. Do not block with the lead block feature. I switch immediately after I snap the ball.

The linemen seem to block better on counters when you have one in lead blocker mode before you snap the ball. I probably run 5-6 counters a game and used to average about 2 yards because some plays would go for 4, while others would go for -2.

I would say I now average about 6 yards per carry and have occasionally busted +20 runs. Maybe once will I get tracked down by a weakside tackle or a blitzing LB (usually when they send 2 from the same side).

On the ps2, I would always bust this outside the tackle but I have found to be most successful running between the G and T, then busting it outside.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »