Home

Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet?

This is a discussion on Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
or building something like that Madden Ring, because we all know that is coming next year, and we still wont have other unis.
Dumbest thing in the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-30-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 13

I really like the game this year-the graphics are amazing(even with one dopey camera angle) and the gameplay is very good. The no alt. jersey thing is a bunch of crow poo. It should have been there from day one. And-IT does matter to the core users for the most part or this thread would not even be here. Yeah-this may not be alot of responses but we are speaking for those who don't or can't or won't respond here I'm sure. I am a alt. jersey fan-even if one of the teams I use just have white pants as their alt. jersey. It's part of their school colors and should come as default. One more thing-I'm sure fans of the Oregon Ducks are miffed-they have all kinds of jerseys and they DO use them in reality. And I agree with "theshiznetno1" about the dumbest thing in the world^^^

Last edited by coffeeholic; 08-30-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 PM   #19
Banned

jfrost32's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
......and yet we all allow them to do it with no vaseline
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! tonight has been funny....but the reason EA hasnt done it yet cuz they are just counting our money saying "It get easier every year"
Old 08-31-2007, 08:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Frankly, without the recruitin system, this game is nothing worth mentioning. To me, the recruiting is what makes tis game good - without it it's "meh".
I agree. The recruiting system overhaul was desperately needed. Recruiting is college football and it should be as life-like as possible in the game. This is what keeps me playing the game as well, dynasty mode. I would also put it before the visuals. But I have to ask, why can't they both be in the game? Why do we have to sacrifice one for the other?

I thought the Next Gen visuals were supposed to blow us away. Instead we still have generic stadiums, no bowl game art, missing alt uniforms, ****-looking rain and snow games, esp. the fields. ****-looking sidelines with missing cheerleaders, refs, chain gangs, etc. The crowds leave much to be desired and they are not dynamic (since when does Temple have a packed stadium?).

Where are the dynamic field conditions? Shouldn't a snow-covered field show players' tracks? Shouldn't a rain-soaked grass field get torn up and muddy? Where are the rubber bits flying in the air when a player drags his feet on field-turf fields?

Where is the dynamic weather? Why can't the game start out sunny, then the clouds roll in during the 2nd quarter. It rains until the 4th quarter, then tapers off and is sunny again? Same with snow games. Maybe it snowed earlier and stopped by game time, but the field is still covered. Maybe it doesn't start snowing until halftime. Maybe it snows lightly at kickoff, but tapers off by the 2nd quarter and the sun comes out.

If you're going to wow me with visuals, put that in the game.

Last edited by BigDuke; 08-31-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:12 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
I agree. The recruiting system overhaul was desperately needed. Recruiting is college football and it should be as life-like as possible in the game. This is what keeps me playing the game as well, dynasty mode. I would also put it before the visuals. But I have to ask, why can't they both be in the game? Why do we have to sacrifice one for the other?

I thought the Next Gen visuals were supposed to blow us away. Instead we still have generic stadiums, no bowl game art, missing alt uniforms, ****-looking rain and snow games, esp. the fields. ****-looking sidelines with missing cheerleaders, refs, chain gangs, etc. The crowds leave much to be desired and they are not dynamic (since when does Temple have a packed stadium?).

Where are the dynamic field conditions? Shouldn't a snow-covered field show players' tracks? Shouldn't a rain-soaked grass field get torn up and muddy? Where are the rubber bits flying in the air when a player drags his feet on field-turf fields?

Where is the dynamic weather? Why can't the game start out sunny, then the clouds roll in during the 2nd quarter. It rains until the 4th quarter, then tapers off and is sunny again? Same with snow games. Maybe it snowed earlier and stopped by game time, but the field is still covered. Maybe it doesn't start snowing until halftime. Maybe it snows lightly at kickoff, but tapers off by the 2nd quarter and the sun comes out.

Great post. And I agree with y'all, the longer we have no alternate uniforms the more my anger continues to grow.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #22
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke

Great post!

You should work for EA with these ideas. I want to play THAT game right there. Love the idea of developing weather throughout the game. That would add a ridiculous amount of dynamic gameplay...
Old 08-31-2007, 01:43 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4
Angry Re: Any "official" word on alternate uniforms yet?

What makes this so unbearable is the plethora of cool uniform combinations in college football. Pro teams have one or two alternate uniforms but there are hundreds of sweet alternates in college (and that's what makes them so great). I shouldn't just be able to wear blue if I'm GT or green if I'm ND. I should get to choose between helmet colors (GT) or mix and match the pants and jerseys how I want. This is freaking next-gen. How are we LOSING features that were in NCAA 2005 on the freaking GameCube?
Old 08-31-2007, 03:04 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

All I can say is when these finally do come out they BETTER be usable for online play!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »