Home

Has your WR ever beaten a CB deep?

This is a discussion on Has your WR ever beaten a CB deep? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2007, 07:03 AM   #9
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Has your WR ever beaten a CB deep?

This is on Heisman. Not the best camera angle but it was such a beautiful pass.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

It's hard because you have to have enough time to STEP UP in the pocket to throw the deep lob. Often times you'll see man press with no safety help but usually when you see that you know a blitz is also coming and if you can find a way to step up in the pocket or step into the throw it's money.....Also, the receiver has to at least be even with the db, step up lob pass, switch to receiver, hit speed burst, manual catch.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I had a 68 yard touchdown pass in one of my last 2 dynasty games. It was on PA though so I guess it doesn't count. I let Lee call my plays and I pretend to be the QB executing what the coach calls. It's alot of fun. Though I love coach mode, playing as one player is more fun.

Anyway, it was probably one of the best calls Lee's ever made. The safety and the LB who was underneath the post route bit and my slot guy, who was running the post, had about 5 yards of separation. Luckily, the pass was on the money. Normally, it ends up being a bullet when I'm focusing on it not being a bullet. This time, I saw the separation and threw it out there and it was perfect. Won that game 20-18 over SJSU with my 2011 Utah State team who's now a 2-star program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been able to do it, but I don't throw deep that often. I don't have too many burners at WR (yet).
Old 08-31-2007, 10:30 AM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failure
And i dont mean PA or anything. i just mean single coverage, and its a regular pass play, has your WR ever just simply beat the CB, and you threw the ball and he didnt do some ridiculous jump over the CB to catch it. He just beat he CB, you led him, and he caught it in stride for the TD.

Never happend for me
Yes.

Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Did it once in practice mode. Never in a game.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:33 PM   #15
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

One on one coverage I've toasted a few DB's in my day. I scout defenses ahead of time (by simply looking at ratings and stats) and then pick on certain defenders throughout the game. I remember one game I burned a Baylor CB deep early and the rest of the game the guy couldn't cover at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2007, 01:06 AM   #16
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulja714
2 words

desean jackson

i've beaten every cb on streaks like it was ncaa 07 using Cal
Thing of beauty that Cal WR corp. My co-worker was over earlier and he is a BYU grad from back in the day... well we both are from back in the day I was Cal he was BYU at home(beautiful stadium)... Desean Jackson ran a "hot route" fly and I caught him in stride for a 38 yard td. He was clearly no match for man coverage on this particular play. I myself find it hard to pull off from time to time but when I do...

I like it this year... After a few failed attempts guys tend to shy away from the deep ball unlike 07'... It was like bombs over baghdad!

Last edited by RedmanR; 09-01-2007 at 01:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »