Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2007, 03:06 PM   #9
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: I'm through....

I play 360...Heisman with sliders (thanks arichzona)...6 minute quarters and am far from through. Midway through season 4...probably start season 5 by Monday/Tuesday.

Yes the interception bug can rear it's ugly head every few games but I really enjoy this game. I love the graphics, I love saving my replays, I love the big hits, jukes, and stiff arms. Defense is a challenge but I get plenty of stops.

I grew up playing Tecmo Bowl and the 'original' John Madden Football on PC (where he is running through the chalkboard). I appreciate this game for what it is, not what it's not.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #10
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Just three full seasons in, I just can't play NCAA 08 any more. It just isn't fun to me.

Just FYI... I am on 360, play Dynasty vs. CPU only, on AA setting with Arkansas, 9 minute quarters.

I know most of y'all will come on here and slam me, saying how great and fun this game is, but simply, it is not a good game. It has way too many flaws and it just feels... incomplete or bush league, or something that I just can't quite describe.

The 'cheat' factor irks me. It seems about the only way I stop the CPU is when I intercept a pass or force a fumble. On the rare occasions when I do force a punt it is due to penalty or the CPU AI just being mentally challenged. When I have the ball the only way I get stopped is if the CPU jumps the snap, makes me fumble, or a LB makes an incredible super-human move for an int.

Then there's the countless problems outside of game play. The depth chart is rediculously hard to manage. The stats are very cumbersome to navigate. We should be able to have a custom playbook. Mass subs continue to be useless. THe commentary is stale and tedious, not to mention if you call plays too quickly they get WAY behind the action. The cut scenes are tedious and horribly rendered. The sideline players and assortment are atrocious.

Basically this game isn't fun for me any more.

I do like recruiting, however. I will keep simming games and recruiting until College Hoops 2k8 comes out, then I will give up NCAA 08 forever.

I've never given up so quickly on NCAA before.
I ebayed my game the week before last with a big "yippee." Someone actually would pay money (other than me) for this attempt. I feel so cheated with next get football. Why in the heck did I even buy a 360? I have Madden on the way, but from what I hear, the deuce version is better. Good lord, what a shame.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 17

i haven't had the turnover issues. I turned off fatique right from the start, which seems to be the cause of the problem after reading about the extensive testing going on with the players on the Madden board turnover thread, and turned down the appropriate sliders on defense for both User and CPU so that the DB's and LB's don't make superhuman plays on the ball. i just liked last year's play selection menu so much better. And is there a way to turn off that in-game overlay for audibles and hot routes? I see no point in having that overlay on there if i've got the audible and hot route system memorized. There's nothing in the manual and i've tried hitting all the buttons and I can't make it go away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 12:17 AM   #12
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

I was about to retire this game today, I even played two games of 2004 on PS2 and loved it of course.

I decided to try one more set of sliders and I'm now in love with 2008 on 360 once again. Even teams play tight games, I blow out bad teams with excellent teams and I can't hang with good teams if I'm a bad team. They're working for me, so hopefully others that are thinking of giving up keep giving it a couple more shots until they can have fun with this years game also.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #13
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
i haven't had the turnover issues. I turned off fatique right from the start, which seems to be the cause of the problem after reading about the extensive testing going on with the players on the Madden board turnover thread, and turned down the appropriate sliders on defense for both User and CPU so that the DB's and LB's don't make superhuman plays on the ball. i just liked last year's play selection menu so much better. And is there a way to turn off that in-game overlay for audibles and hot routes? I see no point in having that overlay on there if i've got the audible and hot route system memorized. There's nothing in the manual and i've tried hitting all the buttons and I can't make it go away.
There's no way to get it off and I do with they would stick with the old play calling screen.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
I was about to retire this game today, I even played two games of 2004 on PS2 and loved it of course.

I decided to try one more set of sliders and I'm now in love with 2008 on 360 once again. Even teams play tight games, I blow out bad teams with excellent teams and I can't hang with good teams if I'm a bad team. They're working for me, so hopefully others that are thinking of giving up keep giving it a couple more shots until they can have fun with this years game also.
Whats sliders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-03-2007, 02:50 AM   #15
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Whats sliders?
yeah what sliders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #16
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Just three full seasons in, I just can't play NCAA 08 any more. It just isn't fun to me.

Just FYI... I am on 360, play Dynasty vs. CPU only, on AA setting with Arkansas, 9 minute quarters.

I know most of y'all will come on here and slam me, saying how great and fun this game is, but simply, it is not a good game. It has way too many flaws and it just feels... incomplete or bush league, or something that I just can't quite describe.

The 'cheat' factor irks me. It seems about the only way I stop the CPU is when I intercept a pass or force a fumble. On the rare occasions when I do force a punt it is due to penalty or the CPU AI just being mentally challenged. When I have the ball the only way I get stopped is if the CPU jumps the snap, makes me fumble, or a LB makes an incredible super-human move for an int.

Then there's the countless problems outside of game play. The depth chart is rediculously hard to manage. The stats are very cumbersome to navigate. We should be able to have a custom playbook. Mass subs continue to be useless. THe commentary is stale and tedious, not to mention if you call plays too quickly they get WAY behind the action. The cut scenes are tedious and horribly rendered. The sideline players and assortment are atrocious.

Basically this game isn't fun for me any more.

I do like recruiting, however. I will keep simming games and recruiting until College Hoops 2k8 comes out, then I will give up NCAA 08 forever.

I've never given up so quickly on NCAA before.
I can feel you, but I just picked NCAA back up and am really enjoying it. I was playing Madden, but I can't deal w/ all the problems in Madden. Playing NCAA after playing Madden for the past month is to me a better alternative.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »