Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 PM   #25
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I'm through....

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Have you guys tried turning off fatigue for the turnovers?
not needed with the right sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #26
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Have you guys tried turning off fatigue for the turnovers?
I really don't want to do it, but if it tames INTs, then I may be all about it. I have no problems with fumbling (HUM or CPU). The INTs seem to be Motivation related. If the CPU throws one, then he really can go south in a hurry.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #27
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i just tried it.. 1st quarter the CPU QB threw 2 picks..

I quited after that.

J-unit40
I know you play the same was as i do, what sliders are you using now?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:43 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm getting pretty close to putting this game away. The CPU INTs are starting to wear on me. I've had very few games where the Ints were totally unrealistic but it's just how every game seems to have the CPU throwing 3-4 picks.

I experimented with Supersim for my defense for a full game this afternoon. I had kept this in mind as a last resort since the problems started but had never really attempted it. It turned out pretty well with the CPU QB only throwing 1 pick. I lost 38-14 as Oregon against Bama.

I played pretty bad on offense though throwing 6 picks and fumbling twice but none of it felt cheap or scripted. I made 4 or 5 bad decisions and one of the ints was in one-on-one coverage on a jump ball where my wr dropped the ball right in the CB's hands. It may sound cheap but it looked very natural.

I actually enjoyed it even while I was on defense. I thought not playing defense might take away from the game too much but that wasn't the case. I didn't have to worry about the CPU throwing right to my dbs and it's kind of exciting simming one play at a time and seeing the outcome. So the experience was positive overall and it's something I'll repeat in the coming days/weeks to see if the good results hold up.

However, whenever I play a game on the stellar pc version of Madden I can't help but feel NCAA Next-Gen is nowhere near as good. I just ordered the PS2 version of NCAA as that version runs on a similar engine to Madden PC. I've read about some of the issues but I decided to try it out extensively for myself.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 6

I look forward to what you think of the ps2 version. Will you be playing it on a ps3 or regular ps2 ?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 AM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I can deal with every issue (even though we shouldn't have to accept some of these problems) although the CPU INTs are a problem. They're not horrible but on All American, I would like to put my defensive awareness to less than 0 if possible. Even at 0 my DBs make good plays on the ball and combined with poor QB decisions, I still usually get 2-3 picks a game. On Heisman, I wish I could lower the cpu def. awareness to less than zero since I struggle with the passing game. The lob/bullet passing system definately needs to be worked on for next year as well.

I'm still enjoying the game though. I played Tennessee with Cal at home and was down 35-31 in the 4th quarter until I scored a TD, then ran an INT back for a TD as well as a fumble back for a TD to finish the game and a 17 point win. Ainge only threw 2 picks but he's a 92 rated QB and most top QBs in the game don't strike fear in you on All American.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Ainge only threw 2 picks but he's a 92 rated QB and most top QBs in the game don't strike fear in you on All American.
That's my issue right there. I've had only one QB who was rated highly tear me up (Brian Brohm). When I play teams the first thing I check is to see if the QB is fast. If he's not then I know that the game will be easier because no matter how highly rated the QBs are they seem to make bad throws. I used to check the depth charts before games but it just takes too long. The only spots I check at are the DE's really because I know my OL will get crushed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #32
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
i just tried it.. 1st quarter the CPU QB threw 2 picks..

I quited after that.

J-unit40
I know you play the same was as i do, what sliders are you using now?
I'm playing with Playmakers' AA right now (his latest set). The only tweaks I have made is I bumped up tackling on both sides to 40.

I also Supersim when on defense for 2 quarters. I usually sim the 1st and the 2nd quarter or the 1st and 3rd. This method has somewhat toned down the CPU INTs, but I just hate that I can't play defense for some of the game because EA's engine is so deficient in some areas. BTW, I only play on the D-Line and never switch.

The CPU INTs are just awful. I also can't stand that I cannot run any type of WR or Slot Option without it being a huge gain everytime. EA really needs to work on the defensive AI against the option as well. For now, my bandaid on that issue is to just not run those plays. Lame.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 09-04-2007 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »