Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: I'm through....

I never play as a top squad. My love for franchise/dynasty mode always is born out of the fun of taking a bad team to the top. On NCAA 07 I brought Duke to powehouse status in the nation over the course of like 7 or 8 seasons. Captured several ACC titles but couldn't get that elusive NC game.

Right now i'm working the Indiana Hoosiers jusr going into my 2nd year. Had a good recruiting period and walked away with the 15th best recruiting class (mostly 3 stars players with a couple 4 stars). I have two true freshmen starting at both corners and a couple others getting some time here and there. My 3rd year is where my guys will really start working into the lineup and that's when it will take off.

I turned off fatigue from day 1 and turned down the INT and aggressiveness sliders way down for both CPU and USER and haven't had any excessive turnover problems.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #58
Rookie

worldb's Arena

OVR: 2

Do you guys ever play online? Just wondering because I have NHL 08 and am having a blast online. The game vs the CPU is not fun. On pro, I completely outplay him, on All-Star, I get outshot, outhit, outdrawn (?) and outplayed. I was really getting frustrated because sliders were not helping. Then last nite, I played bro online - and what a difference!!! All the issues, gone. Two 3-2 nailbiters. I have nver enjoyed online gaming this much. I haven't played madden or ncaa online because he doesn't have either of the two titles, and I don't want to play just anyone. Just wondering if you guys had better luck online.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #59
OS Member #242

gopadres's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Maybe Im outgrowing video games, considering I only play sports
I've been feeling the same way lately. I've been playing NCAA, The Show (PS3), and F1. Last week, I bought Bioshock after reading all the reviews. I got maybe 2 hours into it and grew bored. Even NCAA has been on the shelf A LOT. I sure hope some games come out this Fall that hold my interest.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #60
Rookie

Wjkporter's Arena

OVR: 8

I am done also..... The game is just two slow, to many int's, sliders don't work... And Madden is just a better game THIS year.....
Old 09-18-2007, 04:59 AM   #61
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I like this game still. I started as Georgia, and the int's got a little old. In my first four years (on all-american) I won all four thorpe trophies, the bednarik (by my true freshman FS in year one - he wasn't the one who won the thorpe), and have had a three corners in one year as all-americans, and 2 FS's that same year (my backup FS played as my dime back). I think a really good FS will get you a lot of int's. Georgia starts with an 89 true freshman FS, and he graduated with 27 career ints for me. I've also twice now recruited FS's that were 90+ as freshman, and they get a lot of picks. Anyway, after year four, where I won the SEC title and beat USC by 20-something in the National Championship, I raised it up to Heisman (SilentNature's sliders) and moved on to a new dynasty with San Diego State. I'll probably comeback for one more year - haven't gone undefeated yet and I have a Heisman favorite RB. With the Aztecs, I'm 4-3 so far. I'm having a lot of fun with a small school. I forgive the int problems on this game a lot more than Madden for some reason. Probably because it's college, so I don't know better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

still loving it.

Some might've seen it, but I'm in year 2 of my beloved dynasty report with the BYU Cougars. Have had an up and down career regarding sliders in year 1 - but after last night's game, I believe I have found them. They are jistic's 'default' sliders.

Something I noticed immediately about this game is that stamina is a big,big deal. You can not run your rb into the ground and you cannot under estimate defenses when you're playing QB. I might have a self indulged approach to turnovers, but that's mainly because I believe 'nerves' is a big part of the college football atmosphere. Any person who is or used to be an athlete knows about nerves - some of us have this as a disadvantage and some of us don't - that is the mindset I use.

Side note - if there was ever a way you could edit each recruiting class before each season, we could come togeteher and create a Re_rated roster to fix some of the games problems (such as catching rating for defensive players), which would eventually fix some issues. One could always edit ratings inside the roster, but once those new recruits come out - all editing done within the roster screen will be pointless because those recruits will haev default ratings.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I had not played this since Madden released. Not that I was playing Madden a lot, I just don't have much time to play video games at all anymore and when i did I was playing Madden. Well Saturday I got some free time and finished season 1 with a 6-6 record with Baylor. I lost my last game to Oklahoma St and they kept me out of the bowl season. I got a few nice recruits and I am 3 games into season 2. I am really enjoying this game after the break I had from it. It is just FUN.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #64
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wjkporter
I am done also..... The game is just two slow, to many int's,...
I still like the game, but these are my biggest 2 issues as well.

After playing a bunch of NCAA the last few months, I popped in NFL 2K5 last night, and before I knew it the first quarter was over. And this was with 7 minute quarters as opposed to the 6 minute quarters I use on NCAA. I don't know if it was really quicker, but there was alot less "Dead" time which made the time fly by. In NCAA I find myself waiting alot. Little things like not being able to call hot routes until the the receivers are all at the line of scrimmage. And basic things like sending recievers in motion are more tedious than they were on the old gen. I think these little things add up to really slow things down....And if it's not a real tight ball game, things can get boring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »