Home

I'm through....

This is a discussion on I'm through.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 AM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
I'm through....

Just three full seasons in, I just can't play NCAA 08 any more. It just isn't fun to me.

Just FYI... I am on 360, play Dynasty vs. CPU only, on AA setting with Arkansas, 9 minute quarters.

I know most of y'all will come on here and slam me, saying how great and fun this game is, but simply, it is not a good game. It has way too many flaws and it just feels... incomplete or bush league, or something that I just can't quite describe.

The 'cheat' factor irks me. It seems about the only way I stop the CPU is when I intercept a pass or force a fumble. On the rare occasions when I do force a punt it is due to penalty or the CPU AI just being mentally challenged. When I have the ball the only way I get stopped is if the CPU jumps the snap, makes me fumble, or a LB makes an incredible super-human move for an int.

Then there's the countless problems outside of game play. The depth chart is rediculously hard to manage. The stats are very cumbersome to navigate. We should be able to have a custom playbook. Mass subs continue to be useless. THe commentary is stale and tedious, not to mention if you call plays too quickly they get WAY behind the action. The cut scenes are tedious and horribly rendered. The sideline players and assortment are atrocious.

Basically this game isn't fun for me any more.

I do like recruiting, however. I will keep simming games and recruiting until College Hoops 2k8 comes out, then I will give up NCAA 08 forever.

I've never given up so quickly on NCAA before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I'm through....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
I know most of y'all will come on here and slam me, saying how great and fun this game is, but simply, it is not a good game. It has way too many flaws and it just feels... incomplete or bush league, or something that I just can't quite describe. I've never given up so quickly on NCAA before.
Why would we slam you? You dont like it........then you dont like it - it is not as if any of us bought you the game and are out an extra $60?
Old 09-02-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

The turnovers are a real killer in this game. EA needs to put more time into developing their games.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I really like the game but I do see the issues with the game and how much they can improve. The menus do suck big time. Without the matchup stick the only way to see who is good on the cpu defense is to go through the depth chart which takes FOREVER! People don't buy the game to hate it so if you don't like it, it kind of sucks. There have been years where I haven't been happy with any football game ('05 was the last one) so I'm glad I'm enjoying this one. You could always give the past gen game a chance.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

I'm pretty disappointed with it too. I took back some older games the other day to gamestop for store credit so I could get this game. I also returned my copy of APF08 because it had gotten stale for me being an offline franchise guy and all even though I found the gameplay really enjoyable (despite the arcade-like star players). I ended up getting NCAA 08 for $4. It just seems to me like the game is worse than last year...........and I enjoyed last year's game. It seems like EA sacrificed alot to get the game to run a 60fps. The crowds look much worse, the player model detail is bland compared to last year, the field surfaces look significantly worse, the in-game menus are more of a chore to navigate, and it just seems like the game performed better last year despite the framerate hiccup issues. The visuals overall are just worse across the board in just about every way. You can't even zoom in as close on a player during replay as you could last year. Last year you could go in so close you could see the metal flake paint jobs on the helmets. Now you try to get close the player just disappears from the frame. It almost seems like EA just said "screw it, they want 60 fps we'll just port the last gen version this year and give them 60 fps". Man, i'm just really let down this year with the football games across the board. I'll have to rent Madden and see if it's the same story. if so, i'll just go back to playing NCAA 07 for another year. I don't even care if it's lacking some features because it's simply more fun for me. One thing's for sure, never again will I buy an EA football game without renting it first.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Why would we slam you?
I've been coming to this board for a long time and I know how people get slammed here for being critical of a game that others love.

The way I look at it is that if more people are critical (even if you love the game and the series as I do) then maybe, just maybe, EAS might make some changes.

I'd also like to add that this game is not that much different from last year. They tweaked a few minor things and that's it. For the most part those tweaks messed up the game more than it helped.

Thanks for understanding and not slamming, arichzona! There are some mature people here!
Old 09-02-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

unforunatley i´m really close to stop playing ncaa. I´m not there though, but i´m considering.

Heisman is extremely hard and AA is easy... not too easy but is not challening enough.

I tried sliders but i never found a happy medium...

Maybe i played ncaa too much while testing sliders etc and now i don´t see the fun anymore.

But i´m still not there... yet
Old 09-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I stopped playing this game about two weeks ago. The turnover issue was killing the fun. Then, when the real season started a couple days ago, I got an urge to play it.

First game- 15 combined turnovers. I played it last night and gave it another chance and enjoyed it. I've played three more games and the turnovers have not been too bad. The computer has turned it over 6, 3, and 2 times respectively.

This is a really good game in my opinion, when the turnovers don't get ridiculous. When they do, it's a terrible game. It seems like with the turnovers, when it rains, it pours!

I'll probably be playing this game throughout the season, however, as I just can't stay away from it when the real season is going. Adios!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »