Home

depth chart bug?

This is a discussion on depth chart bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
depth chart bug?

open slots and forced substitutions... is this just me?

is anyone else experiencing this? is there an easy fix?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: depth chart bug?

i don't know but my dynasty just started doing this. They took my 3rd WR off of the depth chart, and will not let me put him back in.

says "you cannot substitute transferred players" He's not a transfer. WTF is going on? He's my best WR.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
i don't know but my dynasty just started doing this. They took my 3rd WR off of the depth chart, and will not let me put him back in.

says "you cannot substitute transferred players" He's not a transfer. WTF is going on? He's my best WR.
yes - i have similar issues... such a pain. otherwise, great game!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #4
Banned

that is totally ********!
Old 09-05-2007, 03:58 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: depth chart bug?

When the game tells you that you cannot sub the player in: If there is an open slot, put in a player that is way down the overall list which is not from the position you are trying to fill (for a WR inset your backup TE or HB). You then sub the player you want for the player that it accepted. Most of the time this will work. Other times you have have to keep subbing people in an out until the depth chart is exactly like you want it. Also, after playing charades, you need to go back through all your roster to make sure it did not screw something else up. I set my roster and had to keep doing the subbing in thing various times with my WR's until it finally had it right. Went back through my roster and had put in my 3rd string TE as the starter and left the 2nd and 3rd spot open. Its a pain I wish they would patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Smithy07's Arena

OVR: 1

Another thing is this, if you want to edit a player, edit him before you set your depth chart, ANY changes to a player will reset your whole depth chart...Took me a long time to figure this out but later I read this info on another site...
Old 09-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy07
Another thing is this, if you want to edit a player, edit him before you set your depth chart, ANY changes to a player will reset your whole depth chart...Took me a long time to figure this out but later I read this info on another site...
Yeah, this is good times everytime you would like to edit a player for whatever reason. Pain in the...so annoying.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Banned

that must have been what happened. I set my depth chart going into my dynasty, after the 3rd game, i decided to edit my MLB's build, his legs are enormous on the game, in real life he's a thin cut LB. No biggie, but I thought I'd edit it to make him a little leaner looking. As soon as I did, when I started my next game my depth chart was out of whack and it WILL NOT let me put my WR back on the depth chart. Will I have to start my dynasty over and just not edit anyone after the season has started? If that will work, then I will do it, but I don't want to start another one if this is just gonna happen every time. I'm through with the game if that's the case. It's my best WR, and it says "cannot substitute transferred players" when I try to put him on the depth chart from the bottom list of players. He's not even a transfer, I had him in the slot until I edited my MLB. Madness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »