Home

Transfer Kit ?

This is a discussion on Transfer Kit ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
Transfer Kit ?

OK, I've downloaded the cd that came with my transfer kit (which I just now received because of an online order screw-up), but I'm not sure how to transfer the roster file to the memory card. I've read thru the tutorial post and have a question about step #2:

<2. Once you are done installing the PC disc you still have one more thing to do on your PC. Run your Xchange 360 software on your PC and notice the interface, which resembles your Xbox 360 blades. Select the yellow blade that is entitled "Options". Note the folder displayed on this screen. It should read: "C:X360 Memcard Images". This is where you need to download your roster file from FKrosters.com to. For some reason when the Xchange 360 software doesn't create that folder. You will need to manually create that folder, or change this directory to display the folder where you typically download your files from the internet to.">

When I installed mine it already had the "C:X360 Memcard Images" file showing in the window of the yellow "options" blade, do I still have to create that file on my PC? Or should I just change the yellow "options blade to a file I already have on my PC?

I don't understand how to download the roster file to the "C:X360 Memcard Images" file?

I appreciate any help as I've been waiting long enough to load these rosters!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Transfer Kit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
OK, I've downloaded the cd that came with my transfer kit (which I just now received because of an online order screw-up), but I'm not sure how to transfer the roster file to the memory card. I've read thru the tutorial post and have a question about step #2:

<2. Once you are done installing the PC disc you still have one more thing to do on your PC. Run your Xchange 360 software on your PC and notice the interface, which resembles your Xbox 360 blades. Select the yellow blade that is entitled "Options". Note the folder displayed on this screen. It should read: "C:X360 Memcard Images". This is where you need to download your roster file from FKrosters.com to. For some reason when the Xchange 360 software doesn't create that folder. You will need to manually create that folder, or change this directory to display the folder where you typically download your files from the internet to.">

When I installed mine it already had the "C:X360 Memcard Images" file showing in the window of the yellow "options" blade, do I still have to create that file on my PC? Or should I just change the yellow "options blade to a file I already have on my PC?

I don't understand how to download the roster file to the "C:X360 Memcard Images" file?

I appreciate any help as I've been waiting long enough to load these rosters!
It's actually pretty easy....when you select the file to download,it asks where you want to dload it,just select the "C:x360 memcard folder that was created when you loaded the disc.
Then,make sure you extract the file...then it should show up in the hardrive blade of the exchange software.

The one thing you should do FIRST.......insert your mem card and do a backup,you should have no problems after that.
If you need more help,I'll do my best to give you a hand......after all.....you are a Steeler fan lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
It's actually pretty easy....when you select the file to download,it asks where you want to dload it,just select the "C:x360 memcard folder that was created when you loaded the disc.
Then,make sure you extract the file...then it should show up in the hardrive blade of the exchange software.

The one thing you should do FIRST.......insert your mem card and do a backup,you should have no problems after that.
If you need more help,I'll do my best to give you a hand......after all.....you are a Steeler fan lol
I'm at work now, but I'm not sure if the "C:x360 memcard folder" was created on my PC? I currently just have FK's roster download saved to a different "football" file I created in my documents.

My memory card is new with no saves on it, do I still need to do a back-up of it?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I'm at work now, but I'm not sure if the "C:x360 memcard folder" was created on my PC? I currently just have FK's roster download saved to a different "football" file I created in my documents.

My memory card is new with no saves on it, do I still need to do a back-up of it?
Yep...that's the very first thing you should do. Go ahead and plug your memory card and do the back-up.
Iirc....once you do this,you should see the C:x360 memcard folder.....you MIGHT have to move the roster into that folder,I'm not 100% sure though.

I haven't encountered any problems,so it is a little difficult to explain.
The only thing I can do is tell you everything I did,and hopefully it works ok.

I do know though....before you attempt to get the rosters,you do have to backup your mem card.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Yep...that's the very first thing you should do. Go ahead and plug your memory card and do the back-up.
Iirc....once you do this,you should see the C:x360 memcard folder.....you MIGHT have to move the roster into that folder,I'm not 100% sure though.

I haven't encountered any problems,so it is a little difficult to explain.
The only thing I can do is tell you everything I did,and hopefully it works ok.

I do know though....before you attempt to get the rosters,you do have to backup your mem card.

Not sure that answers my question but I'll just have to play with it when I get home tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Steeler, you have to make the folder.

Or that's what I had to do. Remember though that when you put your memory card into the transfer kit, make sure to install all the drivers otherwise you'll be on suicide watch because then you'll go crazy.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

I wrote that FAQ and I just included the part about the folder because my install did NOT create that folder. Some people already say it's there though, that the install program did create it. So just check that folder and if it's there, then you're good to go. That is where you'll need to dump your rosters or any other save files you download from the net.

You can use any folder on your hard drive though, no need to use that exact folder. For example, if you have your FK roster saved in C:\my documents then just change that to the folder in the Xchange software on that tab. That tab is just setup to look in that specific folder so if it's not there you'll have to create it. But you can always just change the folder if you want.

You do not have to backup your memory card if you haven't done anything with it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 09-07-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I wrote that FAQ and I just included the part about the folder because my install did NOT create that folder. Some people already say it's there though, that the install program did create it. So just check that folder and if it's there, then you're good to go. That is where you'll need to dump your rosters or any other save files you download from the net.

You can use any folder on your hard drive though, no need to use that exact folder. For example, if you have your FK roster saved in C:\my documents then just change that to the folder in the Xchange software on that tab. That tab is just setup to look in that specific folder so if it's not there you'll have to create it. But you can always just change the folder if you want.

You do not have to backup your memory card if you haven't done anything with it.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Thanks for the tips ... I get home in about an hour. I'll give it a shot then and see if I can figure it out.

Just to clarify, if my install did create the "C:X360 Memcard Images" file, are you saying I just need to locate that file on my PC's harddrive and copy the roster file there? Then transfer it to the memory card?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »