Home

CPU Assistance?

This is a discussion on CPU Assistance? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: CPU Assistance?

I think using phone assistance is fine. I still manually call the guys I really need/want but I try to limit those calls to only 5 hours worth of time. I save 5 hours for my "assistant coaches" to call with.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I leave it on. I find recruiting too tedious this year to do much of it. I do more in the offseason but the in season recruiting takes too much time away from playing for me.
Is the computer doing a good job for you? I think the in-season recruiting is too tedious too. I can't stand having to do it before every game.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Is the computer doing a good job for you? I think the in-season recruiting is too tedious too. I can't stand having to do it before every game.
I simmed everything the first year at Bama and I think I had the #13 or #22 class. I didn't see what happened in year two but it did an OK job but I don't think it was a Top 25 class. If you let the cpu recruit for you, it will never make a promise to recruits which I think hurts the ability to pull in some of the better players. In some ways I like it as my classes are more realistic but I feel disconnected from the process.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 06:08 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

How soon do you guys offer players scholarships?

I've been able to make some effective (i think) "hard pitches", but I wasn't sure if I should offer a scholarship right away, or wait until later in the season. Also when/how do you get to offer invites?
Old 09-10-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
How soon do you guys offer players scholarships?

I've been able to make some effective (i think) "hard pitches", but I wasn't sure if I should offer a scholarship right away, or wait until later in the season. Also when/how do you get to offer invites?
If a recruit has your team 1st on his list, it never hurts to offer him a schollie, even in week 1.

He PROBABLY won't bite, but occasionally you may be pleasantly surprised with the results............

I had 5 commits after week 1 of my 2008 season (not offseason) and 2 commits in 2009 with my dynasty at FSU by offering scholarships in week 1. I was #1 on the list with each recruit that committed this way.

As far as invites, it's up to the recruit. Different recruits open themselves to visits at different times. If you see that other schools have scheduled visits but he is not "ready" to schedule a date with you, you have some work to do as far as getting at least into his top 5. I've seen some recruits not visit with ANYONE during the season at all, though.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Last edited by PlayaHataSupreme; 09-10-2007 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
As far as invites, it's up to the recruit. Different recruits open themselves to visits at different times. If you see that other schools have scheduled visits but he is not "ready" to schedule a date with you, you have some work to do as far as getting at least into his top 5. I've seen some recruits not visit with ANYONE during the season at all, though.
I haven't seen anything stating my recruits are ready for a visit, but I only justr finished week 1 of my first dynasty. I assume something shows up on the recruiting board pertaining to visits?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #15
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I leave it on. I find recruiting too tedious this year to do much of it.
Ditto, it's complete overkill, IMO. I don't have the time in my life at this point to spend so much effort on recruiting. Plus when you add in the horribly slow interface and menus it's just not worth it. I skip recruiting altogether.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler99
I haven't seen anything stating my recruits are ready for a visit, but I only justr finished week 1 of my first dynasty. I assume something shows up on the recruiting board pertaining to visits?
Yes, in the Visit column for the recruit, it will say "Ready" and when you call him up, you can set a week for him to come. After you schedule the visit, the "Ready" will change into whatever week you scheduled him to come.

Pushing in the R3 stick on a recruit and hitting RB will enable to see when and with who he has scheduled visits.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »