Home

Post your boxscores of close/lost games

This is a discussion on Post your boxscores of close/lost games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 24
Post your boxscores of close/lost games

I am interested in the following-

Level- Heisman, AA, whatever
CPU Team/your team-

CPU- Total passing stats- Comp/Att/yards/TD/Int
CPU- Total Rushing Stats- Att/yds/avg

I am seeing the CPU throw at a higher ratio than the team strategy sliders say they should even when the CPU is ahead or close to me. Obviously, if the CPU runs more, then less ints would occur. So i am looking to see if maybe the dynasty pass/run slider just needs to be 1-2 notches lower per team.

thanks for any assistance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 02:16 AM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Post your boxscores of close/lost games

i have a few with my new air force dynasty, currently 8 games in.(4-4)

Level- Heisman (7:00 Qtr) Soce's Sliders

first game is Air Force(me) at BYU

Score 27 - 24
Total Offense 274 - 353
rushes-yrd-TD 40-241-3 - 11-29-1
comp-att-TD 7-12-0 - 30-41-2
pass yards 33(dont laugh) - 324
turnovers 1 - 2
fumbles lost 1 - 2
INT 0 - 0

second game is Air Force(me) at Navy

Score 34 - 31
total offense 390 - 362
rush-yrd-TD 35-249-3 - 29-228-2
comp-att-TD 10-15-1 - 8-14-1
pass yards 141 - 134
turnovers 1 - 1
INT 1 - 1

this was a fun game, back and forth with me winning with a last second FG. navy hasnt won a game since.

third game is Air Force(me) at Colorado State.

this one i lost, damn fumbles killed me all of them were in the red zone.

Score 26 - 29
total yards 342 - 306
rush-yrd-TD 38-206-2 - 17-45-0
comp-att-TD 12-17-0 - 16-23-4
pass yards 136 - 261
turnovers 4 - 1
fumbles lost 3 - 1
INT 1 - 0

i dominated the game in T.O.P 18:07 to their 9:57 but those fumbles lost me the game and the fact that i cant get my team to stop the pass. through 8 games only have 5 as a team.(4 vs FCS, 5th in the navy game)

other 5 games were good but wasnt close in points.
W 45-10 to FCS Southeast(back ups were in at half time)
L 19-31 to utah( i threw one INT for a TD and that broke my team)
L 9 - 35 to TCU (i got owned)
L 14 - 45 (5 turnover for me, 0 by UNLV, thats pretty much sums that game up)
W 45-29 to Wyoming(actually was close till the end when they fumbled 2 straight drives and gave me good position)

i currently have the #34 total offense, #1 rushing offense, but have the #119 pass offense. lol

#43 total defense, #12 against the run, #86 against the pass.

my last 4 games looks good for me combined they are 9-21. new mexico(2-5), army(3-5), notre dame(2-6), and san diego st.(2-5)

and i currently have a turnover diff. of -5 (#91)

Last edited by Solidice; 09-11-2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:28 AM   #3
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
i have a few with my new air force dynasty, currently 8 games in.(4-4)

Level- Heisman (7:00 Qtr) Soce's Sliders

first game is Air Force(me) at BYU

Score 27 - 24
Total Offense 274 - 353
rushes-yrd-TD 40-241-3 - 11-29-1
comp-att-TD 7-12-0 - 30-41-2
pass yards 33(dont laugh) - 324
turnovers 1 - 2
fumbles lost 1 - 2
INT 0 - 0

second game is Air Force(me) at Navy

Score 34 - 31
total offense 390 - 362
rush-yrd-TD 35-249-3 - 29-228-2
comp-att-TD 10-15-1 - 8-14-1
pass yards 141 - 134
turnovers 1 - 1
INT 1 - 1

this was a fun game, back and forth with me winning with a last second FG. navy hasnt won a game since.

third game is Air Force(me) at Colorado State.

this one i lost, damn fumbles killed me all of them were in the red zone.

Score 26 - 29
total yards 342 - 306
rush-yrd-TD 38-206-2 - 17-45-0
comp-att-TD 12-17-0 - 16-23-4
pass yards 136 - 261
turnovers 4 - 1
fumbles lost 3 - 1
INT 1 - 0

i dominated the game in T.O.P 18:07 to their 9:57 but those fumbles lost me the game and the fact that i cant get my team to stop the pass. through 8 games only have 5 as a team.(4 vs FCS, 5th in the navy game)

other 5 games were good but wasnt close in points.
W 45-10 to FCS Southeast(back ups were in at half time)
L 19-31 to utah( i threw one INT for a TD and that broke my team)
L 9 - 35 to TCU (i got owned)
L 14 - 45 (5 turnover for me, 0 by UNLV, thats pretty much sums that game up)
W 45-29 to Wyoming(actually was close till the end when they fumbled 2 straight drives and gave me good position)

i currently have the #34 total offense, #1 rushing offense, but have the #119 pass offense. lol

#43 total defense, #12 against the run, #86 against the pass.

and i currently have a turnover diff. of -5 (#91)
Those are interesting results. I would have thought the CPU running was too weak for you but then i see that 228 yards by Navy and i am not positive. I do think the CPU seems to be passing a tad much in the other two but they did such a piss poor job of doing it that i can understand why they didn't more. Keep me up on any more games you play.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Those are interesting results. I would have thought the CPU running was too weak for you but then i see that 228 yards by Navy and i am not positive. I do think the CPU seems to be passing a tad much in the other two but they did such a piss poor job of doing it that i can understand why they didn't more. Keep me up on any more games you play.
yea, that navy game surprised me, they actually started passing alot at first but after their QB threw an INT that was about it and they ran it. UNLV ran for 117 on me, wyoming ran for 50, other were less.

it seems to me that the CPU will run it about 7-10 times and if they cant get anything they will stop running the ball. i would lower hum break block but im not getting many sacks as it is. and when i raise the CPU RB ability its too much. i run the 3-3-5 as it is default with Air Force. both 07' and 08' to me the 3-3-5 does good against the run when playing against the CPU. i want to switch to a 3-4 or 4-3 but i get always forget to change it at play screen and since the game always defaults the defense to team defaults no matter how you have the settings/coaching strat. i cant just set it to do automatica

also one thing the CPU does alot is try and run with a slow QB and ends up in a big loss.

im actually having fun with air force, only bad thing is i have 30 senoirs, so basicly my entire starting o and d are leaving. including 4 out of 5 RBs

Last edited by Solidice; 09-11-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 AM   #5
All Star

Quote:
yea, that navy game surprised me, they actually started passing alot at first but after their QB threw an INT that was about it and they ran it. UNLV ran for 117 on me, wyoming ran for 50, other were less.

it seems to me that the CPU will run it about 7-10 times and if they cant get anything they will stop running the ball. i would lower hum break block but im not getting many sacks as it is. and when i raise the CPU RB ability its too much. i run the 3-3-5 as it is default with Air Force. both 07' and 08' to me the 3-3-5 does good against the run when playing against the CPU. i want to switch to a 3-4 or 4-3 but i get always forget to change it at play screen and since the game always defaults the defense to team defaults no matter how you have the settings/coaching strat. i cant just set it to do automatica

also one thing the CPU does alot is try and run with a slow QB and ends up in a big loss.

im actually having fun with air force, only bad thing is i have 30 seniors, so basicly my entire starting o and d are leaving. including 4 out of 5 RBs
Could lower tackles, raise run blk or maybe even lower awareness if the running game continues to be pretty poor. I am noticing that too with the run game.

Just want to see them run more overall which of course would be less balls picked off. For example, my last game Miami won like 38-24 over Tennessee (me). Freeman threw 39 times (2 picks) in the game where James and Cooper ran about 25 times combined (both over 4.0). Just no logical reason to me Miami didn't run it more.

30 Seniors is rough, your going to have to recruit like mad. Also, will have to be picky and not reach on many players so you can land at least 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 AM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Could lower tackles, raise run blk or maybe even lower awareness if the running game continues to be pretty poor. I am noticing that too with the run game.

Just want to see them run more overall which of course would be less balls picked off. For example, my last game Miami won like 38-24 over Tennessee (me). Freeman threw 39 times (2 picks) in the game where James and Cooper ran about 25 times combined (both over 4.0). Just no logical reason to me Miami didn't run it more.

30 Seniors is rough, your going to have to recruit like mad. Also, will have to be picky and not reach on many players so you can land at least 20.
yea, after looking at the individual stats most of their starting back were around 4.0 ave. just not alot of carries, and the QB in almost every game had negitive yards rushing. CPU QB are ball hogs with the QB choice option in shotgun. most carries for a CPU RB was 12(3 different players got 12) all others were under 10. navy did good but only because their FB was unstopable, he had like 16 broken tackles most i have seen in any game for me or CPU. and that was only on 11 carries!

if they gave it to him more i would have lost. everytime it was 3 and 1-4 yards, i though, oh great, if they give it to him, im in trouble. then the QB keeps it on a option and losses yards instead.

so far recruiting is going real good. got 6 to sign early when i offered then a scholly when i was #1 on their list. 3 3*, 3 2*

i just dont like the fact im going to have to play so many freshmen next year most likely. especially at the RB spot. my RB get rotated alot during a game and having alot of unknowns worry me. lol, if i can only get Oline that can pass block for more than 2 seconds i could pass more.(not a slider issue as it was fine with other teams)

once the season is done ill look back at the stats and compare it to my other dynasties to see what changes, if any, i can make to sliders.

with my rice dyanasty(4 years in) the CPU ran a little better (damn Texas) against me.

Last edited by Solidice; 09-11-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

just finished a game with Air Force(me) vs. New Mexico

i was leading in the first 14-0 but by half time they caught back up 21-17 AF

i had 1 TD in the 1st quarter from a fumble recovery. only turnover until the 4th quarter.

new mexico scored on the opening drive in the 2nd half and that was the end to the scoring and the begin of the trading turnovers most i have seen since moving to Heisman. no rain or snow, clear night.

rest of 3rd quarter and start of 4th was just trading punts. about 3 mins left in the 4th when this happened.

i threw an INT, then after about 4 plays NM threw one, next play i fumbled, 3 plays later i intercepted the pass in the end zone and ran it back to midfield where he fumbled and lost it back to NM. NM ran out the clock.

i was surprised at how much they gave it to their RB he went 23 carries for 105 yards, 4.5 ave. and 1 TD, he also caught 3 passes for 70 yards and 1 TD.

AF(me) - NM

Score 21 - 24
total off. yards 299 - 296
rush-yrd-TD 28-149-1 - 30-126-2
comp-att-TD 13-29-1(alot of dropped passes) - 12-21-1(also alot of dropped passes)
pass yards 150 - 170
turnovers 3 - 4
fumbles lost 1 - 2
INTs 2 - 2
KR/PR yards 164 - 187
total yards 463 - 483
punts-ave. 6-43 - 6-49

even though i lost the game when i had them beat in the first half, it was still a fun game.
but this game drops me to 4-5, but i do have army next.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #8
All Star

Quote:
just finished a game with Air Force(me) vs. New Mexico

i was leading in the first 14-0 but by half time they caught back up 21-17 AF

i had 1 TD in the 1st quarter from a fumble recovery. only turnover until the 4th quarter.

new mexico scored on the opening drive in the 2nd half and that was the end to the scoring and the begin of the trading turnovers most i have seen since moving to Heisman. no rain or snow, clear night.

rest of 3rd quarter and start of 4th was just trading punts. about 3 mins left in the 4th when this happened.

i threw an INT, then after about 4 plays NM threw one, next play i fumbled, 3 plays later i intercepted the pass in the end zone and ran it back to midfield where he fumbled and lost it back to NM. NM ran out the clock.

i was surprised at how much they gave it to their RB he went 23 carries for 105 yards, 4.5 ave. and 1 TD, he also caught 3 passes for 70 yards and 1 TD.

AF(me) - NM

Score 21 - 24
total off. yards 299 - 296
rush-yrd-TD 28-149-1 - 30-126-2
comp-att-TD 13-29-1(alot of dropped passes) - 12-21-1(also alot of dropped passes)
pass yards 150 - 170
turnovers 3 - 4
fumbles lost 1 - 2
INTs 2 - 2
KR/PR yards 164 - 187
total yards 463 - 483
punts-ave. 6-43 - 6-49

even though i lost the game when i had them beat in the first half, it was still a fun game.
but this game drops me to 4-5, but i do have army next.
interesting you had the early lead and the CPU kept running. Were they running well early? I gotta admit your games are pretty confusing to find a pattern in so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »