Home

Recuiting Style

This is a discussion on Recuiting Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Recuiting Style

Oh, and to address recruiting styles. Last year I basically looked for the 2 VHs and 1 Most and then kept hard selling those all year. This year I plan on trying to unlock and sway more pitches on all my players and see how that goes. I did pretty good last year signing about 15 of the guys who were originally on my 35 man list. But I have a feeling that waiting until LATER in the year to offer scholarships with a late game visit maybe pay out better. This year I am not going to offer/visit anyone until they are down to their top 3 schools and see if that gets me more guys. Since pretty much no one signed with me early last year when I was passing out schollies left and right I figure I might as well wait until later this year and see if that helps.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll typically go through and try to fill my positions of need first, getting 3 or 4 guys per position... the ones who have the green dot next to their name.

Then, I'll just sort the top recruits by ranking and nab all the guys that have a green dot next to their name, starting from top to bottom... unless I see a trend... like where I'm targeted 3 DE's, but I've already got a ton on my roster... at that point, I'll usually get rid of one of those targeted DE's.

Also, if I see a guy I like while going through the top recruits that's just below my cut-off, I'll try to make room for him. For example, I'm trying to re-stock my LB's at PSU for when Sean Lee leaves, so I tried to get some more MLB and OLB's with high AWR and Tackle ratings.

In terms of player style:
I like QB's that can move.
I like a one-two punch at RB with one speedster and one power guy.
I like WR that can catch and catch in traffic.
TE's and FB's need to have balance.
O-line needs to have high AWR.
D-line is Best Player Available.
LB's need to have high AWR and high Tackle.
SS needs to have high tackle and speed (I run a 4-2-5, so they're basically OLBs).
FS needs to be SPEEDY as I run a lot of cover one and cover 3 and he's pretty much playing center field.
Verdict is still out on CB's for me. I cant seem to cover anyone with anyone. I'm trying to land guys with high Man-Coverage skills so I can blitz more.

Obviously, I'll veer away from these tendencies a lot... it's just that if it comes down to picking one recruit over another, this is the criteria I'll typically use... or if I'm just going after top recruits, not a position of need, I'll go by these criterion.

Last edited by bgeno; 09-13-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:25 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I go for need first and have those guys at the top of my list. Then, I sort guys by interest in the recruit database and start to add them to build depth. I target atleast 3 or 4 4* guys every season in hopes of swaying them to come to USU. I signed a 4* SS 3 years ago who's been an All-American since coming to USU. He's a SR this year and probably will be an All-American again.

Being able to sway recruits is the greatest addition to recruiting and gives users a shot at getting good players with small, low-caliber schools.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 PM   #12
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The first thing I do is offer all the in-state guys that are 4 star or higher, regardless of whether or not I need someone at their position. From there I will usually target Texas kids, since they are one of my pipeline states. From there I will only offer guys who have me as "green" initially. I don't bother with anyone if they aren't initially interested in my school unless it's somebody I feel like I can't pass up. I'm pretty bad about getting too hung up on star rating.

In future seasons, I would really like to go for more of a specific type of player rather than just targeting a guy because he is highly rated. I have recruited some fast guys, and that seems to have the biggest impact on my team, especially at the skill positions. There is no use signing a safety, corner, or wide receiver if he can't run.

As far as the success I have had, Missouri starts out as a 3 star school, so after my first recruting effort was done, I had managed to sign 2 four star players and the rest 3 stars.

In year 2, I was a 4 star program and managed to sign mostly 4-star guys with some 3 star guys thrown in there. I was really desperate for offensive linemen and didn't want to end up with a bunch of walkons. I don't think I got any guys who were rated 5-star.

In my third season, just last night I got my first 5 star commit, a tight end out of Wisconsin of all places. I also got a 4 star guy to commit, but I can't remember what position he played. So far I'm having good luck, but there is so much to do, I don't think I'll ever be able to perfect anything.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Offense:
1.Awareness
2.Speed/ O-line; strength

Defense
1.Awareness
2.Speed
3.Pursuit
4.Tackling

This is regardless of rating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-13-2007, 03:29 PM   #14
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

has anyone ever signed anyone that did not have them in the green, I have never tried figuring that this was a waste of time, is it?? or can it be done????
Old 09-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

ok so like on PS2...would you add more points to a guy whos interested? or keep him relatively speaqking with the points you first alloted him since hes interested and try to add more to a guy whos not as interested?

thats how i usually try it, until i gets later in the season and if im not his top...if im not his top ill start slinging more points his way as it gets later and later....but early on i try to give more points to a guy whos less interested in hops of getting him MORE interested

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #16
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
has anyone ever signed anyone that did not have them in the green, I have never tried figuring that this was a waste of time, is it?? or can it be done????
It's possible, I've done it plenty of times. Its just easier with players who are already interested

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »