Home

Recuiting Style

This is a discussion on Recuiting Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2007, 05:48 PM   #25
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recuiting Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkDockta27
dude i never said "My way is the way" It was argumentative but not in a bad way...dont take it so personal dude, i meant no offense, and im sorry if you took it like i said you were wrong...everyone has their style, thats why i made this thread and asked to see what everyone else does...hell i said i could be wrong...its just my style...i never meant for it to sound that way. i take alot of what you say and try to implement that into my style of play arich...

however if I said Tim Tebow is the Man...theres no room for debate lol...then I am 100% correct lol
I am trying to keep the thread in the irght direction. No offense taken. Except to the Tebow thing.............
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #26
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
I take a different approach, a little bit deeper than finding the fastest guy in the nation, the biggest guy, or just the blue chippers. I recruit for scheme....(man coverage, zone, whether I play in a run oriented or pass oriented conf).

The biggest reason I go this way is that I will not play with the big schools as it is more fun IMO to build a program (they rarely come there anyway). Here is what I do.

QB: all about THA and SPEED.....I wont get a good O-line so he needs to be able to run for his life AND throw on the run - with poor accuracy it is INT's all over the place

HB: I prefer the short thick guys who have high trucking....they need it. Plus, I have more fun knocking guys over than using the over exaggerated jukes.

TE: The biggest guy I can find (so far...6-7/276....3* who went to Madden). I have no interest in the 6'1"/210 TE.

WR: Height, Height, Height.....
--------------------------------------------------------

DEFENSE: My motto here is that "fast, strong, big guys" are not worth recruiting if they have crappy AWR, M&ZCOV, BSHD, and can't tackle.

DB: I will not recruit any DB if he is not already in the "B"'s for Man coverage. A fast guy with a C- ability to cover guys man for man only helps you catch up after you have been toasted. Look @ the 5* guys, some of them simply cannot cover - they balance out in other areas.

LB: All about awareness, tackling, and ability to get off a block. Again, speed is not as important if the guy knows what is going on from the snap of the ball. A FAST guy who runs into the blocker quicker (than a slower guy GETS AROUND (or off) the blocker) is worthless to me. I really dont like the helpless feeling of watching my guys be flat out stupid when a play develops while I wrestle with the blocker. My best LB was a guy who was 5'10"/240....3* guy who was an All-American after his sophomore year and ended up being the top LB in Madden.

DE: Pass rush ability, block shed, speed, & awr. If the guy is a monster/manchild, that is a plus.

DT: Not too much thought....the other one's take quite a while. This is all about just being a HOG.
I like a lot of these. I can see your defense being monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #27
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
trying to recruit for a 3-3-5 defense in my SMU run and shoot dynasty(if anybody has any playbook suggestions besides hawaii let me know) but i am at my wits end with deciding how to recruit for this scheme, i know i need a BIG defensive tackle to eat space, and good man to man cover corners seem to be a need, but other than that if you run this defense, which i like because it gives you a lot of blitz looks, and is equal against the run and pass, any suggestions???
I would say speed and pursuit. With those you should be good against the run and it seems you already have the right coverage for your corners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-15-2007, 03:08 PM   #28
Rookie

frago's Arena

OVR: 6

Offense Speed first and foremost for skill positions. Str and Awareness for the Linemen.

Defense pure awareness and tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »