Home

How many of you moved on?

This is a discussion on How many of you moved on? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2007, 08:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
How many of you moved on?

Add on Edit:....this thread is for those that are planning on moving on:I'm asking because I'm reading that a good deal of posters are giving up on NCAA already. So,are you going to put it on the shelf or trade it off?
sometimes I get frustrated as heck with video football games-so-I'll shelf em' and come back after a week or so. I think if I ditched this one now I'll regret it later. My biggest gripe with this years version is the atmosphere on the next gen version is as dry as a piece of toast from last week.

Last edited by coffeeholic; 09-24-2007 at 08:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: How many of you moved on?

I have moved on. Or should I say, moved back, to the original XBOX version. No looking back after playing this version. I'm having fun again. The 360 issues were just bringing me down pretty much every time I played it.

Plus, with NBA2K8 almost a week away, I don't have time to deal with making a game play really well. NBA2K8 will raise the bar for sports video games in a hurry IMO.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I have moved on. Or should I say, moved back, to the original XBOX version. No looking back after playing this version. I'm having fun again. The 360 issues were just bringing me down pretty much every time I played it.

Plus, with NBA2K8 almost a week away, I don't have time to deal with making a game play really well. NBA2K8 will raise the bar for sports video games in a hurry IMO.
NBA2K8 has caught my interest and if I get that,I'll have to fast forward to bowl games due to time limits. Then,NCAA will probably go on the auction block.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

On the shelf. One week I love by weeks end i'm frustrated with it. To many other solid game to hold my time NBA 2k8, Choops 2k8, NHL 08, Skate, Halo3...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Halo 3 would be getting my attention, but I just realized I'm somewhere in the negatives for the month

Needless to say, I'll probably have to trade in my old Xbox, a couple of games, and 25% of my soul at GameStop for Halo 3. eBay is more trouble than it's worth (selling). Buying is amazing though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightPyro
Halo 3 would be getting my attention, but I just realized I'm somewhere in the negatives for the month

Needless to say, I'll probably have to trade in my old Xbox, a couple of games, and 25% of my soul at GameStop for Halo 3. eBay is more trouble than it's worth (selling). Buying is amazing though.

LOL. nice.

With Halo 3 coming out the future doesn't look good for this game. I will probably play a game here and there when I need a College Football fix but the game is definitely losing its appeal.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #7
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I was still playing the crap out of this game when my 360 croaked. Still plan on playing it alot more when I get my new one back in God Knows How Long
Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
LOL. nice.

With Halo 3 coming out the future doesn't look good for this game. I will probably play a game here and there when I need a College Football fix but the game is definitely losing its appeal.
Yeah, I know how you feel. As the real football season starts to get into swing, I generally lose interest in Madden and NCAA. Obviously not total interest. This is my first year playing NCAA and it's honestly pretty cool as a change of pace, but I have to split time between it and Madden.

However, with Halo 3 coming out, I won't be playing the games daily anymore. Maybe once every 2 or 3 days I'll pick the thing up. I'm doing a dynasty report here, so I tend to get a bit more into it than normal, but still, I'd go insane if all I played was NCAA. I need some intermittent Halo 3, the occasional Civ IV, and even The Sims 2, despite the fact that usually my sexual orientation is called into question when I mention the last one.

There's just something thrilling about rebuilding a college team to greatness, taking a break, building a bachelor pad, having 3 love interests, saving the world while seemingly conquering those crazy Germans all within a day. Ah...I love video games.

As far as Xbox 360's dying, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't had any problems yet, just a couple of freezes in NCAA 08 here and there. I don't know if I could cope for 4 weeks without a 360. Though I've heard some people saying if you leave the NCAA 08 disc in too long (ie. for dynasty report writing) it breaks the disc. I wish I wouldn't have to live in constant fear of my primary stress relief completely dying.

Last edited by MidnightPyro; 09-24-2007 at 11:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »