Home

Super Sim: Crazy DT stats?

This is a discussion on Super Sim: Crazy DT stats? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24
Super Sim: Crazy DT stats?

I don't have a lot of time to play my dynasty games anymore, so I play 7 minute quarters and super sim on defense. My 2 DT's average about a combined 5-6 sacks per game, and it's getting ridiculous. One is an 82 and the other is a 78, so they're not All-American caliber. Last season, the 82-rated DT had 15 sacks and 48 TFL's, and the 78-rated DT had 11 sacks and 31 TFL's. Is anyone else running into this problem? It's kind of annoying always having 2 DT's on the 1st team All-America squad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Super Sim: Crazy DT stats?

hey man, maybe they they just all the sudden got the urge to be great. Aint no shame in that. they want to succeed too ya know.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

This also happens to me. During the game when I play the defense, my DT don't even get penetration (and their 85+ overall, one is a 94). When I sim the game, their stats aren't all that great either. However, when I Super Sim, my DT are in the top 3 in tackles for the game, and usually got at least a sack.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #4
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

I've never really tried the sim your defense mode. Is 7 minute quarters maybe too much? Do you get better stats with a lower quarter time? What do other people use? I usually only play with a DL but I enjoy watching the defense play, even during those 4 interception games.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I've never really tried the sim your defense mode. Is 7 minute quarters maybe too much? Do you get better stats with a lower quarter time? What do other people use? I usually only play with a DL but I enjoy watching the defense play, even during those 4 interception games.
Well for me its not so much skipping out on playing defense, it is mostly Super Sim the 4th quarter (and sometimes just the entire second half) when the game is out of hand. I'll also skip out on playing defense against really weak teams because things get much uglier when I do play defense against them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #6
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

I tried this way and love it...I never really did much on defense anyway. I played 8 games last night in a few hours. I use 5 minute quarters and just sim the defense. Only problem is my defensive stats are a little low, but the offensive ones are ok. I think that the average plays for an NCAA game are between 120-140 or so so I might go back up to 6 minutes.

A ton of fun though...actually made the game better for me. I did lose to Miami at home 30-21 which was a killer, but other than that am 7-1.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
After 5 seasons with 2 different schools I've decided to start supersimming my defense. I'm running into the same issue. I've experimented with supersimming a couple of seasons (O and D) just to check out the stats. I adjusted the quarter length until I got good total defensive numbers. I then averaged the quarter lengths of when I supersimmed everything and when I played everything and my total numbers seem good.

The problem, however, isn't total numbers because, as you said, you can adjust the quarter length to fix that. The problem is that the DTs while supersimming appear to be godlike. Under normal circumstances, your MLB should be your leading tackler and your DTs should be near the bottom of your starters (at least below all 3 LBs and at least your SS). While supersimming defense, DTs usually lead your team in tackles or are at least 2 of your top 3 tacklers. Essentially, the problem is that while supersimming, the percentage of your team's total tackles that are made by your DTs is about 4-5x what it should really be.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »