Home

WR breaking on the ball!?!?!!

This is a discussion on WR breaking on the ball!?!?!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 PM   #1
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
WR breaking on the ball!?!?!!

Now let me say I am a fan of this game, but why can't I as the User break on the ball when I choose my Wr? I have never had this problem before on NCAA. I can't seem to break like the defenders and it doesn't make any sense. I can be one on one and switch to my receiver that is underneath the defender and throw a bullet low to have the defender slowdown like he is my WR and get in front of my guy to get the pick. While the WR I am supposed to be controlling just keeps going like he didn't know the pass was coming. I don't get it. This is killing my experience with the game. ANy help would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WR breaking on the ball!?!?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
Now let me say I am a fan of this game, but why can't I as the User break on the ball when I choose my Wr? I have never had this problem before on NCAA. I can't seem to break like the defenders and it doesn't make any sense. I can be one on one and switch to my receiver that is underneath the defender and throw a bullet low to have the defender slowdown like he is my WR and get in front of my guy to get the pick. While the WR I am supposed to be controlling just keeps going like he didn't know the pass was coming. I don't get it. This is killing my experience with the game. ANy help would be appreciated.

this cost me a game last night, i had a wr on a post one on one threw the pass in front of the wr and the db broke from behind him and snagged the pick while the wr kept running like his name was forrest or something this is really annoying, this i think is the main reason for most of the picks even human picks i think would be a lot less if the cpu wr broke on the ball instead of being fans of the play
Old 10-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #3
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

I agree with you man. I throw passes just like I normally would playing NCAA, but this year it seems like the WR is just dumb or something. I throw a lot of picks becuase of it also. Yesterday I lost a game with Oklahoma to Nebraska. I was throwing a curl and the db just broke like he knew the pass was coming to him. I saw my WR turn around and then the Db just jumped all over the ball. It's frustrating because I feel like my passing game is decent, but I just can't make my WR adjust to any type of pass.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #4
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

And you user catch?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I don't even throw hooks anymore. The DB's break on the ball well ahead of my recievers. It is too bad because I always find it rewarding to correctly read that the LB won't jump the route, and then properly time the pass so that right as the wr turns around the ball is right there for a nice 8 yard gain.

I like the Defensive focus of this game, but they just took it a little too far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
And you user catch?
I try to do it like I used to, but it's like the game has changed from last year to this year. I can't get control of my guy in time to make the play myself on some shorter routes. But it doesn't even matter because on longer routes my player still won't go after the ball.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #7
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

This is the main cause of the interception problem IMO. I watch replays of all my picks and the #1 most common problem is that the WR just keeps running his route as it he is practice with nobody around. Meanwhile the DB breaks under, or around, and picks it. Drives me absolutely crazy.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
This is the main cause of the interception problem IMO. I watch replays of all my picks and the #1 most common problem is that the WR just keeps running his route as it he is practice with nobody around. Meanwhile the DB breaks under, or around, and picks it. Drives me absolutely crazy.
I am sure some guys are masters of this game and can user everything but I used to be able to do certain fundamental things like throw simple passes to a WR out front on a slant without seeing a db jump the route every play. If I lead him my Qb just throws the ball away. I am about done with this game and going back to MLB2K7. At least it plays like what I am used to as far as baseball goes. I know something must be wrong with this game since no one has come into this thread with a solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »