Home

Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

This is a discussion on Win it all yet? Dynasty updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:46 PM   #25
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

The game must've intentionally broke because you won more games in 5 years than Duke has in its entire football history

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 12:40 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

5th year-Minnesota "not so golden" Gophers
2007:7-6 Champs sports bowl win
*2008:13-0 Rose bowl win over West Virginia #2 ranking to end year I checked my difficulty after reading someones post on here about it reseting and noticed that mine had gone from AA down to Varsity so I'm not really counting this year, didn't think i could make the gophers a contender that fast!
2009:10-3 lost Capitol One bowl #13 at end of year
2010:10-3 lost Fiesta bowl to LSU #15 at end of year
2011:8-1 (5-0) ranked #5 in all polls (only loss was to then #1 USC at USC because I got sick of seeing them at the top of the polls so I thought i would put them on the schedule and that pretty much backfired i think i lost like 34-13! Still have Indiana, Iowa and undefeated #4 Wisconsin to go. Would be nice to win NC so I can start with a low prestige school and try to turn them around.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 AM   #27
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Just finished 2012. I was 11-0 but lost to Nebraska on a last second TD in the Big 12 Championship game. Very frustrated to say the least but came back to beat LSU by 10 in the Cotton Bowl. Notre Dame went 14-0 and beat USC (for the 2nd time) in the NC Game.

My WR Drew Pace set almost every record for Texas A&M. Nothing over the top though, just a great year. He had around 60 catches for 1500 yards and 14 TD's. My RB had 1600 yards and 31 TD's though to break the record for rushing TD's for my team. He was only a sophomore and is now a Heisman candidate for the start of the 2013 season. In my first game vs. Houston he ran 40 times for 240 yards and 2 TD's. He is 96 overall with 90 trucking and 99 elusiveness. I am just going to run the crap outta him this season.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:48 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Yeah, what the hell is the schedule glitch?
Here's what happened.
I went through the normal preseason schedule (set recruiting, depth chart, redshirt players, set schedule etc) and went into the next season (2012). Anyways, I always save at the start of a new season so I don't have to spend 20 minutes redoing the depth chart since it takes forever to do. So I saved automatically (dumb decision) and went to look at my recruiting board to start week 1 recruiting. I noticed that it said 0 hrs 0 minutes in week 1 without having done a thing. So I went to NCAA Schedule and it had me on Bowl Week 1 with no games shown. When I pushed to the right four times, I got to Week 2 of the regular season - no week 1 anywhere. I then went to Team Schedule and tried simulating from the end of the bowl week to my first game in Week 2 - froze every time I tried. Tried it 3 separate times and all three times it froze.

So after I rebooted it, I looked at espn.com to see if anything in there was messed up too. The first three headlines were accurate for the beginning of the season but then the next two or three were off. For instance, somebody from Notre Dame had already won the Heisman despite no games being played (go figure ) It also mentioned that Ohio State had dropped several spots in the rankings after losing a game - again no games had been played yet. I tried to quit my job and simulate the rest of the season - froze again. I tried quitting my job and then getting a new one, still nothing to get past it. I'm completely stuck and its incredibly frustrating as I actually played a good majority of my games in the five seasons completed.

I looked around last night online to see if anybody else had encountered this and found there were a couple posts on a few other forums that had the same thing happen to them. Both of them had to restart their dynasty so I'm guessing I'll have to do the same. If anybody has a workaround, let me know but man EA games frustrate me (whether is clean discs being "unreadable" or glitches like this or the depth chart).

BTW, Stewaat that line you had was hilarious, probably true too as to why it broke.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #29
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Auburn winning in real life has pumped me back up on this game, so I started my 6th season in the game. I'm coming off back to back NC's and I started the year with a win over Penn State (rematch of the previous year's NC game). My team is still pretty stacked, so the goal is a 3rd NC, but most of my defensive secondary is new, but I have 4 LB's rated over 90, so that's good. Offensively, I have a 95 overall senior QB, but it is his first year starting. He's done good in the past when he came in for injuries, but he's real slow and I've had pretty poor OL's in the past, so he never started for me. This year, he's my best option, he's got an awesome arm. Through two games he's been sacked twice but has 5 TDs and 2 INTs.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 10-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronKrazie86
Here's what happened.
I went through the normal preseason schedule (set recruiting, depth chart, redshirt players, set schedule etc) and went into the next season (2012). Anyways, I always save at the start of a new season so I don't have to spend 20 minutes redoing the depth chart since it takes forever to do. So I saved automatically (dumb decision) and went to look at my recruiting board to start week 1 recruiting. I noticed that it said 0 hrs 0 minutes in week 1 without having done a thing. So I went to NCAA Schedule and it had me on Bowl Week 1 with no games shown. When I pushed to the right four times, I got to Week 2 of the regular season - no week 1 anywhere. I then went to Team Schedule and tried simulating from the end of the bowl week to my first game in Week 2 - froze every time I tried. Tried it 3 separate times and all three times it froze.

So after I rebooted it, I looked at espn.com to see if anything in there was messed up too. The first three headlines were accurate for the beginning of the season but then the next two or three were off. For instance, somebody from Notre Dame had already won the Heisman despite no games being played (go figure ) It also mentioned that Ohio State had dropped several spots in the rankings after losing a game - again no games had been played yet. I tried to quit my job and simulate the rest of the season - froze again. I tried quitting my job and then getting a new one, still nothing to get past it. I'm completely stuck and its incredibly frustrating as I actually played a good majority of my games in the five seasons completed.

I looked around last night online to see if anybody else had encountered this and found there were a couple posts on a few other forums that had the same thing happen to them. Both of them had to restart their dynasty so I'm guessing I'll have to do the same. If anybody has a workaround, let me know but man EA games frustrate me (whether is clean discs being "unreadable" or glitches like this or the depth chart).

BTW, Stewaat that line you had was hilarious, probably true too as to why it broke.
thats a good reason to save each year as a different dynasty file. i have been doing this for my last dynasty, mainly so i can go back and look at previous season stats and see who won the NC, but now i see something like this could happen i got another reason to do so.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
thats a good reason to save each year as a different dynasty file. i have been doing this for my last dynasty, mainly so i can go back and look at previous season stats and see who won the NC, but now i see something like this could happen i got another reason to do so.
Never thought of that. I'm going to save a second backup file next time just to make sure I don't lose my team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

I sim the results of my dynasty for the 1st year so that all teams have their correct records. I then play 1 game every week (the game that my team actually plays)

So far in my Iowa dynasty I am 4-3

Big wins against Northern Illinois and Syracuse, a close win against Iowa State, and a tight game against Illinois 20-6.

Losses against Wisconsin and Indiana, and a blowout loss at Penn State.

Thankfully, I had most of my recruits come in against Illinois and all of them gave their visit a B+.

Ohio State is 1st, followed by BC, VT, and South Florida. I might have to have VT lose a game to get them out of the NC game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »