Home

Computer = Amazing

This is a discussion on Computer = Amazing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Computer = Amazing

Seriously, I turned the difficulty up from Varsity to All-American and now the computer is absolutely insane on defense. On Varsity I would beat teams by like 50 and now on AA that is definitely not the case. Granted, I am not playing with the best team but still, I throw about 7 interceptions a game and my guys fumble it like every other play. I have one on one coverage with my guy completely beating the CB and magically they jump up and intercept it. It happens all the time. Does this happen to anyone else/is anyone else annoyed by this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Computer = Amazing

I play on Heisman, so I see what you are saying. Even with a really talented tailback, I have to try and use RB most of the time to avoid fumbling, and if I make a bad throw there's about a 50% chance it gets picked. You have to be really careful passing. It helps to have a fast QB so you can just run if no one is wide open.

My tip for passing is to have a plan against pressure every play. If they bring the house, know who you are going to dump it off to beforehand.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

I play on Heisman as well. I also recommend planning against pressure on every play. My passing rating, yards, and TD's all went up after I quit running the so called west coast offense with my backs going out almost every play and lots of playaction. Now I usually always keep in my TE and one of my backs to block.

Also I've learned to put a little touch on my passes and can now lob them over LB's, therefore making crossing routes deadly.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #4
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnike2livx
I have one on one coverage with my guy completely beating the CB and magically they jump up and intercept it. It happens all the time. Does this happen to anyone else/is anyone else annoyed by this?
Wow.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:25 AM   #5
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree with the OP. This game is just too much this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The game is definately playable on AA although I agree about many of his issues on the default levels. It requires a lot of tweaking with the sliders. A lot of things can be fixed but some can't.

The biggest problem is the cpu throwing too many picks and the fact the deep game is too dead for both sides. So often when I watch a real football game I will see a WR burn a DB by 2-3 yards (or more) on a simple streak and you never see that in this game. It took me a long time to adjust to the difference between the old PS2 version and the PS3 version due to the way you have to pass the ball. Knowing your playbook well is essential to success in the next gen versions.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #7
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

AA is playable, but if you've been on varsity, there will definitely be a learning curve. The CPU INT's are still too high, but I can live with them for the most part. You have to be extremely careful when passing the ball, but at least it's not a lobfest, like NCAA '06 was.

I guess the bottom line is that it could definitely be better, but it could be worse.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

what playbook are you using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »