Home

Any Word on Alternate Uniforms?

This is a discussion on Any Word on Alternate Uniforms? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #25
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Any Word on Alternate Uniforms?

Well i suppose now EA will use it as a marketing gimmick and "feature" on next years game

"ALTERNATE UNIFORMS! A BRAND NEW FEATURE!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #26
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Honestly, I can't believe anybody would be worried about uniforms at this point.

This game needs patched in a MAJOR way.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Honestly, I can't believe anybody would be worried about uniforms at this point.

This game needs patched in a MAJOR way.
I still have a lot of fun with the game without a patch. Uniforms would be a nice little addition. I personally really like alternate uniforms. And with alternates becoming so much more prevelant in College Ball this year, it would be nice to wear the unis your team wears. Maryland's all black, West Virginia's (hideous) all gold, Clemson's purple, Georgia's black jerseys, Rutgers black, Louisville's black, Oregon's yellow, black, white helmets, green on yellow, etc, Syracuse all orange, Washington throwbacks, Notre Dame throw backs. There have been a ton of good alternates this year, and it would be nice to have them. There is absolutely no way, I think, with all the alt's being worn this year that they aren't in next year's game from day one.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:46 PM   #28
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
There have been a ton of good alternates this year, and it would be nice to have them. There is absolutely no way, I think, with all the alt's being worn this year that they aren't in next year's game from day one.
This is EA Sports we're talking about here. two years in a row there haven't been alternate uniforms out the box. What makes you think that they will change all that now?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:51 PM   #29
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

It's not a gamekiller but surprisingly, alternate uniforms do seem to add a lot to the game for me. I don't know why.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
You have got to be joking right?..Wasn't that one of the things EA and all it's reps stated before the game was even dropped ..was that alternate uniforms would be available at a later date ..so let me get this straight no patch for the 360, no alternate uniforms which were available with last year's edition, and not a ea ep at least letting consumers know all this...good job EA...
EA really knows how to please its customers:

Release bug-filled, feature-lacking games. Say you're going to patch and release content for the games, so people will still buy them.

Wait a few months, then say you can't patch the game and you don't have time to release the content.

What a great way to run a company.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke
EA really knows how to please its customers:

Release bug-filled, feature-lacking games. Say you're going to patch and release content for the games, so people will still buy them.

Wait a few months, then say you can't patch the game and you don't have time to release the content.

What a great way to run a company.

I think that not only is that rediculous, but the fact that the masses just run out & buy it.

I'll admit, I drank the Kool-Aid for NCAA this year and had high expectations going in..I knew I wasn't gettin madden cause I was fed up with madden last year so I figured NCAA then All-Pro would be fine...boy was I wrong.

NCAA and All-Pro were dissapointing in different areas but I think that it is Crazy that EA takes stuff out, waits years to put it back in, then toots its own horn sayin what it did, Ex..CAS, I-AA Schools, Proper player Equipment, Etc...

They also Have polls asking what we think they should fix, Well why not fix it ALL at the SAME TIME...This is why Exclusivity(IS that even a word?) is a bad thing. I understand they really havent had competition Ever, but it would be nice to see if someone could try.

I think the Developers should watch a game and then play a game of NCAA and realize some stuff is broken & they know it, but it needs fixed badly...I am done with EA Football till they fix thier games.

I know that won't effect EA in any way, but I'm tired of throwing money away for a game that is fixed in one way but broken in another..

I am tired of losing features that should never be taken away & have to wait till Nov./Dec. at the earliest for Alt. Uni's where on a X-box/PS2 they Came with the game..They blame programming, Testing, Development to the Uni's delay, but as someone who has a CPU Programming Degree, It would take roughly I dunno a Day or two tops to get Alt's for Every Team in the game, possibly 4-5 for a team like Oregon, but we gets excuses & resonings...Then they got mad Last year when MS said No to charging for **** that used to be free...When MS tells you your bein greedy thats like Darth Vader telling you your bein too Evil.

Sorry bout rant I just get tired of EA Sports way of doin things...I remember when you bought a EA sports game it was for the most part fun & enjoyable..They have kinda gotten away from that and instead of basing thier games for the sports gamer, they base it on the Casual Gamer...I understand the reasoning($$$) but you have lost your core crowd that you use to cater to...It is what it is, don't gotta like it, we just gotta accept it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirrtySouth78
I think that not only is that rediculous, but the fact that the masses just run out & buy it.

I'll admit, I drank the Kool-Aid for NCAA this year and had high expectations going in..I knew I wasn't gettin madden cause I was fed up with madden last year so I figured NCAA then All-Pro would be fine...boy was I wrong.

NCAA and All-Pro were dissapointing in different areas but I think that it is Crazy that EA takes stuff out, waits years to put it back in, then toots its own horn sayin what it did, Ex..CAS, I-AA Schools, Proper player Equipment, Etc...

They also Have polls asking what we think they should fix, Well why not fix it ALL at the SAME TIME...This is why Exclusivity(IS that even a word?) is a bad thing. I understand they really havent had competition Ever, but it would be nice to see if someone could try.

I think the Developers should watch a game and then play a game of NCAA and realize some stuff is broken & they know it, but it needs fixed badly...I am done with EA Football till they fix thier games.

I know that won't effect EA in any way, but I'm tired of throwing money away for a game that is fixed in one way but broken in another..

I am tired of losing features that should never be taken away & have to wait till Nov./Dec. at the earliest for Alt. Uni's where on a X-box/PS2 they Came with the game..They blame programming, Testing, Development to the Uni's delay, but as someone who has a CPU Programming Degree, It would take roughly I dunno a Day or two tops to get Alt's for Every Team in the game, possibly 4-5 for a team like Oregon, but we gets excuses & resonings...Then they got mad Last year when MS said No to charging for **** that used to be free...When MS tells you your bein greedy thats like Darth Vader telling you your bein too Evil.

Sorry bout rant I just get tired of EA Sports way of doin things...I remember when you bought a EA sports game it was for the most part fun & enjoyable..They have kinda gotten away from that and instead of basing thier games for the sports gamer, they base it on the Casual Gamer...I understand the reasoning($$$) but you have lost your core crowd that you use to cater to...It is what it is, don't gotta like it, we just gotta accept it
Good post...But are these games even fun for the casual gamer? I don't see how they could be. What features did they bring to the 360 this year have the casual gamer thinking this game is awesome? The graphics aren't even that great. The players look boxy, and the commentarty lags behind to boot. If I was a casual gamer, I would definitely think the PS2 version was better because I wouldn't play enough to realize the puruit angles were broken and kickers never miss on the PS2. On top of that, the trick plays work. So what has the 360 version done to have the casual gamer saying, WOW, THIS is Grrreat!.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »