Home

I need help bad

This is a discussion on I need help bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
I need help bad

K, I've been playing mostly Madden the past few years and I've picked this up over the summer before Madden came out (and just now got a transfer kit for rosters so I'm starting up with my Georgia Tech dynasty again).

I started off with Jistic's AA sliders and just got trampled (with about 5 ints in the first 2 games)

I played a little more and decided to drop it to Varsity using a set of sliders on the boards that people seemed to like. It started off fine in my game vs Clemson. Score at half was 3-0. After the 2nd kickoff all hell broke loose. They scored 4 unanswered touchdowns (3 of which were 50+ yard passes) before I just got pissed and turned off my 360.

I've played on All madden with good sliders since Madden 05 and consider myself a competent football player and this just baffles me. I try my hardest not to throw into coverage (hell I'm hesitant to throw the ball now unless someone is open with at least 5 yards of clearance on all sides from a defender) but I just can't seem to get things rolling.

Usually about the 2nd quarter my QB goes gray (motivation wise) and I can never do anything after that.

Sorry for the long post but anyone got any tips or should I just switch to someone like Florida or LSU to compensate for my crap gameplay right now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: I need help bad

Just give it time. Its a slow process but you will get better. Focus on throwing crossing patterns and in routes. You can hit corner routes as well. I struggle throwing much to my outside WRs but a good TE can really help your offense.

I will say its important to know your playbook well. Have at least two routes in mind when you call the play and you have to be prepared to go to another receiver. Knowing where to go when you see man vs. zone is also important as zones can be difficult to throw against due to the ball trajectory in the game. When in doubt, dump the ball to your back and also use the hot route block for RBs if you need more time. Never throw the ball too soon - take a sack before throwing a ball at the wrong time.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

run the ball.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Go to practice and call your offensive play and their defensive play. Find formations that tip you off on what the defense is calling. The easiest way is to run TWIN WR formations and see if the CB comes over with the WR. Then simply run a bunch of practice plays and see what plays work vs. man and what works vs. zone. Use the instant replay a TON to watch what happened. Heck, at first simply drop back with the QB and just get sacked so there is no pressure on you and you can watch the instant replay and see what was open.

What you will eventually find is that you can make a pre-snap read and then a post snap read. From these 2 reads you will be able to destroy the CPU to shreds on all levels with just a few basic plays. The only time I get stopped any more against the CPU is when a guy simply beats my blocker. Since I house rule no fast QBs, I am in big trouble against zone coverage when the front 4 simply blow by my O-Line which happens a lot on heisman.

Believe me when I say that if you put your time in practicing, you will think the opposite about the CPU after 2 weeks. It will become so ridiculously easy to score that you will lose interest for the opposite reasons that you don't like the game now.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Crossing routes and out routes are great. Also keep in at least 6 if not 7 guys to block. The computer loves to blitz and jump the snap. If you can pick up the blitz one-on-one coverage is always beneficial.

Rolling out right or left helps a lot because hitting a WR on a crossing route when you are in front of him is easier than trying to have to lob one over a LB with a 5 foot vertical.

I play Heisman with adjusted sliders, 6 minute quarters, sim the defense...and my offensive passing numbers have exploded since I implemented what I mentioned above.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #6
MVP

If you recruit or have a fast HB and want to break the game, simply motion him out and throw out routes to him versus man to man defense. A low LB will be on him or at best a much slower safety. Just run a play where the other receivers clear the zone and you can throw for more then 1000 yards per game to the HB in 8 min quarters on heisman if your heart so desires.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #7
MVP

If you guys want, I could fire up the game and use my 5 plays to record how to dismantle the CPU with one formation and link them here..... trust me though when I say that after you learn this it ruins the game.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

When my QB goes grey I like to throw a lot of screen passes (I prefer screens to my WRs, but I'll throw some to my HBs too). I also throw short little outs to my TEs. Just make really simple passes that you know you can complete. You won't fly down the field, but it helps your QB get his confidence back.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »