Home

Can you win the Heisman with an injured player?

This is a discussion on Can you win the Heisman with an injured player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Can you win the Heisman with an injured player?

SHORT:
After 11 games, my HB was leading the Heisman race for the last 7 weeks. In my last game, he had a season ending injury and dropped completely out of the Heisman race and got 0 votes. He led the nation in every rushing category by a large margin and my team finished 11-1. Was he ignored for the Heisman because he was injured?

LONG:
I've probably played about a total of 20 season on NCAA07/8. I've never won the Heisman before. In my latest season (2010 on NCAA08) my MSU spartans have a true freshman phenom HB. Through 11 games he has set the MSU record for TDs in a season and rushing yards in a season and yards in a game. He is about 500yds and 5 TDs from setting the NCAA marks. He has been #1 in the Heisman race for about the last 7 weeks. MSU is 10-1 and ranked #13 going in to the #11 PSU.

In the first half he has 1 TD and 120yds rushing (but we're losing the game). Halfway through the 3rd quarter he has a season ending injury (while BLOCKING of all things! He didn't even touch the ball ) We come back and win the game to finish the season 11-1 and ranked #8.

After the game I look at the Heisman race and he has dropped COMPLETELY off the list. I don't reload so he won't be injured as I wouldn't feel right about that so I finish the season and he doesn't win the Heisman. The 5th place guy only had 12 points and he had more points than my guy. The real kicker is that the winner was another HB. My guy finished with 2,350 yards, 32 TDs, with about another 5 receiving TDs and 300 receiving yards. The Heisman winner had about 70% of the yards and maybe 70% of the TDs. Noone in the country was remotely close to my guy for rushing yards and TDs.

He didn't lose because he played on a sucky team either. His team finished 11-1 and #8 in the country. The winner was from Florida who finished 11-2 and #9. The only thing I can see is that he had a season ending injury (which accounted for 1 bowl game and 1 1/2 quarters of another game). Through 11 games, he's #1 in the race. Then in the last game of the season, he has an injury and magically drops out of sight. He even ran for ~150 yards and 1 TD in his last game! This is so frustrating since, like I said, through 20 seasons I've never won a Heisman and this guy had the Heisman in the bag!

So, has anyone ever won the Heisman with an injured player (even specifically one with a season ending injury)?

Can you think of another reason why he didn't win (or even get ANY votes)?
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 10-25-2007 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added a synopsis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Re: Can you win the Heisman with an injured player?

There was no reply so I'm bumping this from page 2. If noone replies this time, I'll assume noone knows the answer.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Has to be the injury IMO. I know the computer sometimes screws the logical candidates out of the Heisman but if he was eligible he would at least get a few votes.

My HB just won the Heisman with less yards but had 41 TD's. First time I have ever won it...even got 25 point achievement out of it.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Rookie

ortho1963's Arena

OVR: 1

I had a hb as the leading Heisman candidate after 3 games. He was injured and missed 5 games. He was dropped off the Heisman watch list for the entire time he was injured but reappeared on the list once he returned to action eventhough by that time he was way behind in aa categories. Apparently a player who is listed as injured ia automatically not a Heisman contender.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortho1963
I had a hb as the leading Heisman candidate after 3 games. He was injured and missed 5 games. He was dropped off the Heisman watch list for the entire time he was injured but reappeared on the list once he returned to action eventhough by that time he was way behind in aa categories. Apparently a player who is listed as injured ia automatically not a Heisman contender.
I'm not sure why your guy would reappear as a candidate, but this certainly looks like proof that you can't be a Heisman candidate if you're injured.

Thanx.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »