Home

Need Your Opinions, Please

This is a discussion on Need Your Opinions, Please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:00 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Need Your Opinions, Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
Passing game is broke, just keep that in mind. Everything else is fine.

this is the type of feedback that makes me think i should go back and get 2007 NCAA. i don't want to every buy a football game with a broken passing game. did alot of folks think the passing game in 2007 version was broken, too? i guess i'm not understanding what "broken" means in this context.

i've also read that the 2008 version is choppy (especially in setting up depth charts and getting through the menues) compared to 2007.

sorry, but i've just always bought Madden and am just looking for more info. before i shed out more $$$ on anything from EA right now.

thanks very much for any further input you can provide in comparing NCAA 07 vs. 08.

T
I'm probably putting words into people's mouths, but I think most would agree that both 07 and 08 had broken passing games. In 07 you could throw the ball deep all day long without the CPU able to do much to stop you. In 08, it's broken the opposite way. It's very difficult to throw the ball down field, and even worse, the CPU throws tons of INTs.

That being said, I don't have much problem with the passing game (on either side of the ball) and I greatly prefer 08 over 07.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Need Your Opinions, Please

I have both man and got to say 08 is much better. I loved 07. I have started playing NCAA yesterday and I agree the deep ball is harder BUT it should be. It is still possible. I just at lunch time drilled a 47 yarder on Tenn vs ULL(me) INT double coverage. He went up and got it. BUT that is far from the norm.

I think if you liked 07 then you will really like 08 since it is a more complete game.

Comparing to madden

-Is slower paced than madden
-Same same turn over problems (can be fixed with sliders)
- Has better presentation than madden

Bottom line: It is a much better experience than madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »