Home

Meltdown: EA time to Overhaul....

This is a discussion on Meltdown: EA time to Overhaul.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Meltdown: EA time to Overhaul....

I've played NCAA for a decade now and frankly I'm done. This series is in dire need of a complete overhaul....Wasn't that what we were supposed to get with next gen?

I digress.

Here are my simply points of emphasis because I swear I'm gonna launch an air strike on EA's offices because of this ****ty product.

1. Please for the love of god can we get some emotion from players after a score? Forget big plays....a TD!!! This season is pathetic. Bands playing late, no celebrations, players walking around aimlessly as the guy who just scored dances alone like the fat girl at the prom...ridiculous.

Where are the group celebrations? Mob scenes? Hell even two guys bumping shoulders!

2. Sidelines. Is it possible we could do a touch better than the 4 or 5 Tecmo Bowl players per sideline? HAs EA ever actually watched a college game? Ever look in the end zones? FLOODED with people...bands, cheerleaders, dance teams, mascots, Cameras, mics, you name it...where the **** is this stuff? Where is the players crashing into the crowd of people only to be pulled out of the muck by a teammate?

As for the sidelines...what needs to be said, its a joke...a $60 dollar joke.

3. Atmosphere---How in the holy hell can a series get worse with the move to next gen? 2004 was the pinnacle.....gasp....we had a responsive crowd!!!! Now its just endless, monotnous droning...it could be Alcorn St. vs. Middle Tenn. or Michigan v Ohio State...we wouldnt know thew difference. Guys cant you design an incremental system where noise is not only responsive....cough cough....but rises with the type of game or situation? Season opener vs. Buffalo shouldnt be the same as the god damned SEC title game!!!

Along with the crowd where the hell are the bands? If EA would like I can forward several DVRS of USC, Notre DAME, MSU, Michigan, and the whole ****ing SEC....take 5 minutes and listen to the amount of activity by the bands.....c'mon EA get with it.

NExt Gen ='s more capability right? Drop the blimp view satellite feed of East Carolina's stadium and give us a on field experience.

Gameplay

Why does every player feel the same? Whether you're using Darren McFadden or the 4th stringer from North Texas they feel the same. Sounds triute but it makes the game boring as hell. A speedster should feel different than a power back, a built 6'4 WR should feel different than that undersized 5'10 slot player. Where is the physics? I swear we had better on PS2. Where is the weight, the planting, the physics of thew game?

Why does the Defensive line not matter...ever? Especially the DE's!!! I could recruit two Julius Pepppers clones and it doesnt matter...ends dont rush the passer and when they do they fall on the ground....pointless. How can EA not have a system in place for actual individual line interaction and ....gasp....pass rushers having an effect on the game. Itls just plain stupid.

Where is the push of the dominant line? Again...a Offensive line of 85+ rated guys vs. App. St. should yield a push, a direction.....where is it?

How about the passing game? Amazing that the deep ball doesn't exist...you cant lead guys, cant go "over the top, cant run fade routes...they aren't even in the game...can throw stop fades, cant even use a WR's height to your advantage because EVERY DB can jump through the roof and never...I mean never get out battled for the ball or simply was beaten...horrendous.

This **** is awful and frankly as I watch football all day it pisses me off that I cannot even be bothered to turn on the box as this product blows.

Please dont give me the "you must be awful card" it doesnt apply here.

I am good, but the enjoyment and replay value of this game in this series is awful. when we yearn for the 2004 edition you know something is wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: Meltdown: EA time to Overhaul....

Wow, was this really necessary? Stop beating a dead horse lol.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeahbaby123
Wow, was this really necessary? Stop beating a dead horse lol.

For me it;s About this upcoming title NCAA 09....It's make or break. We have been lied to, mislead, and forced to listen to every reason/excuse as to why we cannot get a complete gaming experience for $60 on a $400 system.

Let's roll.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Footballfan26's Arena

OVR: 2

I feel ya man. (off topic) Have you played rock band yet? kinda a waste of money too
Old 11-25-2007, 02:44 AM   #5
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

With the latest systems there's too much opportunity for error, and too much for developers to do. Sure there have been some good games, but I think it'll be a few years still before we see the real fruit of this generation. Getting there will be ugly though.

*edit

Last edited by spit_bubble; 11-25-2007 at 04:26 AM. Reason: error
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I agree whole-heartedly...Its gets beyond frustrating at times, cause you will have a good close game then all of a sudden one of in not a few of the games issues will rear thier ugly head and all of a sudden its not even close...do ratings even matter. Here is my list of problems, I'm sure most have been said already somewhere, but instead of looking through thousands of posts I'll just throw em out here...

Errant passes..It seems unless my QB is just awful, he is always pinpoint. It seems its either complete, dropped or Intercepted..need overthrows,underthrows, off target throws are not very prevalent in this game....

need an option rating...I hate seeing a pocket passer running option just as well as Tommy Frazier, If I'm playing an option based team and that QB gets injured, his replacement should not do just as well...Look at Oregon after Dixon

Get rid of eyes in back of head...Don't gimmie that "Well maybe they yelled pass" excuse. I hear that and just get irritated..I imagine a defender yelling pass then I see a guy just blindly jumping & flailing about, cause thats about what is happening, only on NCAA they know exactly the trajectory & timing perfect Every time...Watch a Game guys, odds of that happening is very rare.

Blitzing properly.. I watch my OL get burned easily sometimes with a simple 4 man rush, yet I bring 7-8 guys & the CPU still gets enough time to get pass off.I cannot stand when CPU takes wide angle on my tackle & he just spins around and don't block anyone.

JTS. Please get rid of it or atleast let us turn it off. Its not as bad as last year but w/o being able to let my own lineman know the snapcount its extremely one sided.

physics..I cannot stand when I see a Doug Flutie sized QB stiff arm my All-American LB to the ground or a Warrick Dunn type RB run guys over...Yet my 6'3" -275lb RB will get hit backwards by a CB...Those are extreme examples, but you get the point, It gets irritating.

Like was said DL play..If your a 90+ rated or a 45- rated DL it don't matter they play the same, thats why I said do ratings even matter??..Maybe I wanna play as a DE and try to cause matchup problems or just try to Dominate the T.In this game I cannot cause havoc regularly with a great DL...Why take that out of my control.If I play good let me dominate, If I play bad let me get Dominated...Right now I can play 5 plays and let the CPU AI take contol for 5 plays and then let a 5 yr old play for 5 plays and you really won't be able to tell who did what when.

Sliders that actually Matter, I've been on that for years...If I put pass & run block at 0 for the CPU & Break Block at 100 for me, I should Completely dominate the LOS, not how this game works...Some sliders work well, others not so much...If I have Int at 0 that means that even if in perfect position & pefrect timing & reaction there is no way I can intercept that ball.

Penalties. I can't believe it but I would like to see some penalties from time to time. some penalties are because of lack of talent(Holding, PI) some are lack of discipline(Roughing Passer/kicker) ans some are just bad luck(facemask) but there are hardly any penalties in this game. would like them implemented properly though, I hated on last gen when that mysterious holding penalty on a guy who just wandered around cause the slider was moved up.

Presentation. Wow this area is waaaay behind the times. Stat overlays, pre-& post game shows,halftime analysis. Weekly wrap up shows...Pre season predictions ..Award shows...Heisman trohpy presentation with the finalists..You have the ESPN License, yet all we get are 2minute radio updates that repeat constantly for about an hour and a stupid lil ticker.. Overlays of games ESPNU or ESPN+ for local games..ESPN or ESPN2 for regional games.. ABC for National games... there is so much they could do, yet they just rehash same stuff year in year out.

CPU AI lack of gameplan & ESP in my playcalling...it seems the CPU just randomly calls plays and don't pay attention with what works & don't work. It will be getting 5 ypc yet will run it about 13 times and pass it 44 times even though the QB has 5 int's and is completing it at less than 40%. meanwhile sometimes the CPU just knows what I am gonna call. I will run shotgun 4 wide and pass it 15 straight times. So I figure I'll call SHotgun 4 wide HB Draw to mix it up a lil, when I get to the line I see them in a 4-3. So I either call it and don't get much or audible and have a huge mismatch against the defence. WTF???

Custom playbooks for Dynasty, why isn't that isn't an option is baffling to me?

Dynasty improvements is a must also. I do like the new recruiting, but its needs a lil improvement/refining. Would like option to add 1-AA schools(FPS or whatever they're called now) or atleast CAS...Ability to edit or Build a new stadium & facilities...Same with Academic prestige..make a AD mode, like owner mode for madden. If you take a team like FAU from Sun belt to the SEC or ACC have the conference logo change with that...just make the logo a variable if its that hard...just a lil annoyance when your in SEC yet you have a SUn belt logo on field & stadium holds about 10,000 fans tops. Also make it so I can gain and/or lose Rivals if I change conference.

Add a mode where you work your way up in coaching ranks..kinda like 2k College hoops but a lil different..You can start as HC for a team like FAU or become a coordinator for a good team. But if your a coordinator it will Supersim the other aspect. So you only gotta worry bout offense or Defense depending on your job.. But to get a HC job, your side of ball has to perform well otherwise your a coordinator for life. Add goals depending on the School & position.

thats bout all for now, I can add more later
Old 11-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

The game is atrocious compared to College Hoops. I know its comparing apples to oranges, but the effort put forth in College Hoops is clearly greater than NCAA Football. Football is my favorite sport, but EA does such a terrible job that I can't see playing their products anymore, especially with all the great non-sports titles out there.

NCAA football does need a complete overhaul plain & simple.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #8
stewaat

OVR:

Adding/losing of rivals sounds like a good idea, dirrtysouth

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »