Home

Loyalty

This is a discussion on Loyalty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Loyalty

Just wondering what some of you Dynasty guys think about staying loyal to your chosen program.

I have brought SMU out of the gutter...

After 7 years at SMU I took a position at Oklahoma and stayed there for a year before taking a job at a lower prestige school. (Very Nick Saban, I know)

How do you treat job offers? Have you ever taken a job at another school even though you made a personal commitment to your first school? Or have you grown into the next Joe Paterno?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 09:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Loyalty

It depends. After 7 or so years with a program, I start to get tired of it. Everything feels the same year after year. I'll only take another job offer after I've taken the previous school to at least 5 or 6 star prestige though.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Loyalty

Maybe I'm odd, or maybe I'll find out that there are others like me, but here's what I like to do . . . I start my dynasty with a 1-star prestige team and then work them all the way to either 6-stars or a championship. Then, I try to find a school that once was near the top and has fallen to 1-star and try to take them back to the top. Sometimes I'll even go as far as making sure a school I like falls to 1-star while I'm at my current position.

For instance -- I replaced Temple with Stephen F. Austin and started with them but I'm getting bored with playing at a stadium with a sold-out capacity of like 12,000 so I'm working on making Cincinnati tank (not a school I root for, but I like their uni's) while I work on taking SFA to the BCS. I've already joined the Big XII North (why North, I don't know, but that's what it offered me -- I replaced Iowa St.) and it's always either the Oklahoma or Texas game that gives me fits. So, I've begun my third season of Big XII play with NC hopes once again. But again, all the while I'm making sure Cincy tanks so that the moment I win it all, I will leave to start over with them. Does that make me odd?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »