Home

Redshirting Question

This is a discussion on Redshirting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2007, 06:47 PM   #9
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Redshirting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I basically red**** as much as possible. If I end up needing a guy I redshirted due to injuries, I just insert him into the depth chart... it's that easy.
Same. I don't just redshirt freshman either, I redshirt juniors too. If I see a potential problem with a senior graduating and having to possibly start a freshman at a position.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

I have the luxury of redshirtign almost all of my freshman because I'm so deep. I only don't redshirt a player if they are going to be the starter. If they are going to be a backup and only play in garbage time, then I redshirt them. I don't redshirt sophs or juniors though, I think it's unrealistic. I only hear of medical redshirts past a player's freshman year.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nymets3000
I don't redshirt sophs or juniors though, I think it's unrealistic. I only hear of medical redshirts past a player's freshman year.
That's probably true but I thought I read about a kid who redshirted as a senior last year and came back so he could start. Can't remember the team or position lol but I think it might have been someone at Penn State.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2007, 07:06 AM   #12
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's probably true but I thought I read about a kid who redshirted as a senior last year and came back so he could start. Can't remember the team or position lol but I think it might have been someone at Penn State.
Ya, Austin Scott redshirted as a senior... but I'm not entirely sure that was ONLY so he could start. He tends to get in legal trouble and such, so I think there might have been something like that to do with it.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

So there is no rating benefit for redshirting a player in the game.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:05 PM   #14
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
who knows...EA always just randomly assigns ratings increases anyway...its not like any of them are actually based on performance
Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
well, he will be a RS FR with 0-10 more ovr rating depending what he randomly gains during training. most i have seen is 10 i believe, maybe 9, but thats really rare. he basically gains an extra year of training, IF he stayed till he graduates.

i normally only Red shirt a player that has little chance of seeing the field, although in NCAA '08, if a player doesnt get any stats and hasnt been red shirted yet, he will automatically be red shirted for that year. i dont really like that, kinda ruined the experience when i played as Air Force seeing red shirted players. doesnt kill the game though, i just cut the players that showed SR(RS).

Last edited by Solidice; 12-03-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
There is. It gives them one more year in college and that's one extra year of improvement. Unless he's a superstud who might leave after three years, you are better off redshirting unless you need him to play right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »