Home

Review in OT? WTF!

This is a discussion on Review in OT? WTF! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Review in OT? WTF!

Ok, me and my brother and law were playing our dynasty last night. I have Boise St.(my team) and he is playing with San Jose St. Long story short in this game, nobody could stop anyone, bad tackling etc. Ok so we are tied at 34 at the end of regulation. San Jose St. score on a easy TD. Fair enough. So I proceed to drive it down inside the 5 yard line. I run sweep to right, I get hit at the 2 yard line and i come down, clearly hitting the ground at the goal line, fumbling the ball. the defender scoops the ball up, falls back into the end zone for a safety for me. 41-36. Then the game ends with no chance of review as the game changing play rolls. I was so pissed I didn't save the replay. I could of swore I didn't use up my review earlier. I hate when the game is so blatantly wrong sometimes. Is there review in OT? My feeling is if the fumble happens and nothing further, I would have been able to review it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for User Vs User Dynasty sliders? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

Re: Review in OT? WTF!

yeah I think it has been established that there is no auto booth review on game-ending or quarter-ending plays. ******** of EA to leave that out, obviously.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeah, I guess it is what it is. Reviews are something they need to really get right in this game, half the time calls on the field are so blatantly obvious.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderl33t
yeah I think it has been established that there is no auto booth review on game-ending or quarter-ending plays. ******** of EA to leave that out, obviously.
that killed me, I lost a game in the 3rd OT on a 4th down. I clearly stopped the guy short of the end zone, but no review.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I really hate replay reviews in video games. There should be an option to turn them off. They rarely work like they are supposed to, and can create situations like the one you described.

Game developers are trying to emulate a tense moment that happens real life. In my experience, there isn't much tension as the refs so blatently miss calls. In NCAA '08, there are always fumbles several seconds after the ball carrier is down...obvious overturns. In NFL 2K5, receivers would constantly have balls jarred loose a nano second after it touched their hands. They were ruled catch & fumble, but would obviously be overturned.

For me, there isn't much benefit in the reviews....just a waste of time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »