Home

any way to un-patch the game?

This is a discussion on any way to un-patch the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2007, 09:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
any way to un-patch the game?

since downloading the patch the game has gone from bad but playable to just a total crapfest.

i've played 4 games and i fumble every bit as much, if not more. it might just be my perception, but for whatever reason i seem to have even less control of my players than before. but the total game killer is that the patch seems to have destroyed my super sim feature. i don't play defense, i super sim every defensive possession, usually just the quick way, watching the plays when the CPU gets in the red zone. in the 4 games i've played my defense has allowed 49, 56, 48 and 40 pts. in these 4 games i may have watched a total of a dozen plays as most CPU scores come on 1 play 72 yard drives. in my most recent game, a standard 56-40 W vs colorado my defense allowed 659 yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: any way to un-patch the game?

clear the cache. it will delete all auto-updates(game patches, not downloaded content)

you will not be able to play online or even be able to be signed in to xbox live while in the game without the patch.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

I wanted to do that a couple days ago also until I found out the above info.

Old 12-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
clear the cache. it will delete all auto-updates(game patches, not downloaded content)

you will not be able to play online or even be able to be signed in to xbox live while in the game without the patch.

Can you explain how to do this? I love the deep ball now, but the outs and comeback paterns suck! They QB always lobs the ball on those now, and its driving me nuts! The QB even lobs the ball when I hold the button down!
Old 12-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
MVP

GJEM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
Can you explain how to do this? I love the deep ball now, but the outs and comeback paterns suck! They QB always lobs the ball on those now, and its driving me nuts! The QB even lobs the ball when I hold the button down!
To Remove All Patches/Cache

First open the "System" blade in the Xbox 360 dashboard, then go to memory, and press Y on the hard drive to open the "Device Options" menu. Then press the following sequence of buttons: X, X, LB, RB, X, X. You will be asked if you want to perform maintenance on your hard drive and delete all patches. Choose yes. To later reinstall the patch, just get on Xbox Live again.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this will completely erase your whole HD so you will probably lose all of your other game information. If you only played 1 game (NCAA) it could be worth it because you can always load your Gamertag from XBL. You would just have to not update your game every time u connected to it. I guess you could put everything onto a memory card if you have one.

This info was given to me by kgx2thez so if it works thank him.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJEM
To Remove All Patches/Cache

First open the "System" blade in the Xbox 360 dashboard, then go to memory, and press Y on the hard drive to open the "Device Options" menu. Then press the following sequence of buttons: X, X, LB, RB, X, X. You will be asked if you want to perform maintenance on your hard drive and delete all patches. Choose yes. To later reinstall the patch, just get on Xbox Live again.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this will completely erase your whole HD so you will probably lose all of your other game information. If you only played 1 game (NCAA) it could be worth it because you can always load your Gamertag from XBL. You would just have to not update your game every time u connected to it. I guess you could put everything onto a memory card if you have one.

This info was given to me by kgx2thez so if it works thank him.
This works but you won't lose game saves, only patches.
Old 12-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan44
Sort of off topic but not, but I thought the passes were pressure sensitive.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #8
MVP

GJEM's Arena

Tig,

Is there any way that I can get back on XBL so I can upload my game pics w/o uploading the patch again?

Last edited by GJEM; 12-25-2007 at 09:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »