Home

EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?!

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:42 PM   #33
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?!

i do agree with you on the companies not seeming to care. i have to hope that they are making progress with that and wanting to make us more involved. i think the problem is that they always have new staff. most of that staff doesnt know **** about fooball. i'm friends with two graphic guys that worked at tiburon on this game and my mom knows more about fooball than those two guys put together. but how many ex linebackers are graphic artist. they have some guys there now that do know football and i think things are getting better as we've seen with the oline and playbooks getting better. you know how on the back of the strategy guide they always ask for game testers. i applied a couple of years ago, and they said they weren't really looking for football guys but just casual gamers or gamers with past experience in beta testing. i read on here about a guy that said he did the same and they told him he had to much experience testing. what the ****!?!? 05 should of just been a upgrade to a solid football game in 04 but they just keep adding things that some one in marketing thinks they need so they have something to put on the box and when the programmers can't get it to work right the just say oh well, because no one is going to pay them to waste time to take it out when they can just add more fluff. i know the programmers mentioned this at community day and they didn't want to make the same mistakes but it just seems that they are way behind so far on the 360. next year i think will be a big jump, but will it be good one? don't give up on it fist, i'm an old timer like you and games aren't going to be simple anymore and the more complex the more **** ups.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #34
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Trust me, I echo some of your frustrations... but I don't understand why you continue to do it to yourself. I guess you eventually hit a point where you move on.
Saying "Move On" is alot easy than actually doing it. Yeah, after a nice 11 turnover game I can very easily say, "That is it, I am done". But a few weeks later, when I am watching college football on TV, and the bands are going, and the crowd is crazy and the bowl picture is solidifying, I am dying to play the video game. So I pop it in and the vicious cycle repeats.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Trust me, I echo some of your frustrations... but I don't understand why you continue to do it to yourself. I guess you eventually hit a point where you move on.
I have moved on. Its like that chick that we have all met. It was great while it lasted, but eventually you wake up one day and say this isn't fun anymore, I'm not going to put this effort into this anymore. We had some good times, the all-nighters, remember that one time NCAA, back around Christmas 2004 when I told you I'd love you forever. Well things have changed, you've changed, you don't do the little things you used to do any more. Can I have the ring back? Really this time its over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i do agree with you on the companies not seeming to care. i have to hope that they are making progress with that and wanting to make us more involved. i think the problem is that they always have new staff. most of that staff doesnt know **** about fooball. i'm friends with two graphic guys that worked at tiburon on this game and my mom knows more about fooball than those two guys put together. but how many ex linebackers are graphic artist. they have some guys there now that do know football and i think things are getting better as we've seen with the oline and playbooks getting better. you know how on the back of the strategy guide they always ask for game testers. i applied a couple of years ago, and they said they weren't really looking for football guys but just casual gamers or gamers with past experience in beta testing. i read on here about a guy that said he did the same and they told him he had to much experience testing. what the ****!?!? 05 should of just been a upgrade to a solid football game in 04 but they just keep adding things that some one in marketing thinks they need so they have something to put on the box and when the programmers can't get it to work right the just say oh well, because no one is going to pay them to waste time to take it out when they can just add more fluff. i know the programmers mentioned this at community day and they didn't want to make the same mistakes but it just seems that they are way behind so far on the 360. next year i think will be a big jump, but will it be good one? don't give up on it fist, i'm an old timer like you and games aren't going to be simple anymore and the more complex the more **** ups.
I can appreciate what you are saying, but I've bought literally every single football game to come out since Intellivision football. They've figured out how to clone animals in that time period and they can't even figure out how to make the AI take proper pursuit angles? They can't figure out out to make the AI miss a FG? I'm done.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:35 PM   #37
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Icon12 Re: EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I can appreciate what you are saying, but I've bought literally every single football game to come out since Intellivision football. They've figured out how to clone animals in that time period and they can't even figure out how to make the AI take proper pursuit angles? They can't figure out out to make the AI miss a FG? I'm done.
lol, i feel yea. guess we'll see you around may, june?
Old 12-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #38
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Saying "Move On" is alot easy than actually doing it. Yeah, after a nice 11 turnover game I can very easily say, "That is it, I am done". But a few weeks later, when I am watching college football on TV, and the bands are going, and the crowd is crazy and the bowl picture is solidifying, I am dying to play the video game. So I pop it in and the vicious cycle repeats.
Bingo.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #39
Rookie

ostie09's Arena

OVR: 3

props on the news man, thanks

If you ain't first, you're last.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #40
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Business 101 people, keep your repeat customers happy. Not happening with these game companies. They seem to think that this year's version is the first one we have ever played or have amnesia regarding everything prior to this year. Why else would they think they could get away with breaking things that used to work. In the auto industry, we would be getting ready for a recall, not here, they just take your money so you can help them beta test for next year, that is if they even care what we have to say. End of Rant. Merry Christmas everyone.
I hate to tell you this, but their large, primary audience doesn't notice what you mentioned. They are the "casual" fan and they love the game and don't tear it apart to death. Us sports gamers are in the serious minority. They're following Business 101 and because of that we're not the targets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »