Home

Instead of being the Coach, how about being the AD for '09

This is a discussion on Instead of being the Coach, how about being the AD for '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Instead of being the Coach, how about being the AD for '09

I was thinking about how cool it would be to be the AD of your favorite school and to have to deal with the hiring/firing of coaches as well as OC, DC, and STC much like the Madden series.

Anyone else think that this would be a nice change to the dynasty mode or do you prefer the way it is now, where you are the coach and have to keep from being fired?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Instead of being the Coach, how about being the AD for '09

this is why they keep going further and further away from actual football and more towards BS every year.

for the guys who want to 'manage' things rather than play i just wish EA would make a seperate game, like the NFL one that you mentioned
Old 01-01-2008, 09:44 AM   #3
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt
this is why they keep going further and further away from actual football and more towards BS every year.

for the guys who want to 'manage' things rather than play i just wish EA would make a seperate game, like the NFL one that you mentioned

EA did make a separate football game for people that wanted to just manage, it was called NFL Head Coach.

And just because I want to hire and fire a staff doesn't mean that I don't want to play the game on the field. In case you haven't noticed, a lot of sports games are going to the aspect where you have to manage rosters, coaches, and some even ticket and concession prices.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-01-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingmgt

Huh? Please point out the new management features that weren't in the old ps2 versions? I see no big focus on sim/management over gameplay but if you do then you must of missed the big feature for Ncaa 08 gang tackling, plus taking out cpu vs cpu isn't helping out the management part of the game. Take out pointless achievements if you want to take out the bs.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #5
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

i want the ability to build a new stadium. 30 years from now, there will be plenty of new stadiums, it would be nice if the game built new stadiums. Especially if you build up a team to a new powerhouse, they will build a bigger stadium.

And as a syracuse fan i hate the dome, Syracuse Football should be played outdoors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2008, 08:59 PM   #6
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I think they should keep it as it is. But they should allow you to hire and fire your staff.

Because on AD its not like you will be able to edit stadiums. They are copyrighted by the schools and the Ncaa. You can't change them.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

I understand why Madden went the way it did with Owner mode, but I don't like the idea of an AD mode. The athletic director just has so many responsibilites outside of football and it just wouldn't be a good match in my opinion.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

It is a creative idea. But in my gaming experience, things don't seem to pan out too well when developers try to incorporate different genres within one game. For example I have seen space combat games try to incorporate a 1st person shooter mission, but it was pretty weak....especially to FPS vets. Likewise, I have seen FPS game try to add flight missions that were equally as shallow.

AD and Owner mode seem like games in themselves....like Head Coach that someone mentioned. I feel the same about Campus Legend and Superstar modes that seem to be more of an RPG focus, and perhaps deserving of a game of it's own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »