Home

Tips on recruiting

This is a discussion on Tips on recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4
Tips on recruiting

Is it smart to recruit only 5 star players to make a 1 star team better, or only recruit people who are interested in coming to your school? I always try to find out what the prospect thinks about every pitch, (playing time, fan base, etc.). Some people hang up before I even get past three unlocked pitches. How do I avoid this? I've actually only recruited 1 person before the season ended, and that was a kicker Should I only hard sell the very high and most ones? And once you unlock the most, very high, and high pitches, do you hard sell them until it says pitch complete, or do you stop talking about it when you see a big smile?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Tips on recruiting

I usually go for the best prospects that show interest in me. If you are a one star team, chances are you wont be able to get any five star guys anyways.
NBA - Detroit Pistons
NHL - Washington Capitals
NCAA - Virginia Cavaliers
NCAA - Arkansas Razorbacks
NCAA - Michigan St Spartans
Old 01-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

It took me 3 years to get my first 5 star player with FAU (a 1 star team) by this time I was a 4 star school.

I would say recruit as much speed as you can. This is usually a good way to build a team that can upset a 5-6 star team occasionally. After you level up your school prestige, I would say you will have a shot at a 5 star player.

1 Star teams seem to only get 1-3 star players (3, sometimes if you are lucky).

I have also tried to focus on a certain part of my game, like running the ball 85% of the time to get myself a good RB. I can't really tell if that works though. Hope this helps a little.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:27 PM   #4
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I focus a lot of speed and especially awareness, that helps me out a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-13-2008, 06:10 PM   #5
MVP

Saber's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I focus a lot of speed and especially awareness, that helps me out a lot
Yeah, I'm a speed whore myself. Try to recruit all the fast guys I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for the tips on what to look for when recruiting, but I was looking for more info on unlocking pitches and such. How much time should you use on one player? And should you stop hard selling something to avoid losing a lot of time?
Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm only in the second year of my dynasty so I don't have a whole lot of data. I started with a two star team, San Diego State. I looked at whoever was interested in me. There were a couple of four star guys and some three star guys. I put those guys on my recruit list. When recruiting them I look first at how they feel about my best attributes. Hopefully those attributes are among their most, high, or very high or at least above average. When I find attributes that match up with mine I hard sell those. My goal each week is to make sure I hang up with a smile or better yet a big grin. If I the recruit's attributes don't match up to at least two of my schools best attributes I don't recruit them. As a low prestige school you can help yourself by recruiting athletes from your pipeline (homestate) and recruits that want playing time. Doing this should help you recruit some top athletes, good luck.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:59 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

i usually go down the pitches that match up the best... I then press A a couple times really fast and unlock pitches...

I dont usually spend more than 45 mins on any player (if I even get that out of them).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »